Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Rear Fog Into Rear Light Cluster

Hedgehog Dodger

Guys

I need help quick. The car that I am bringing across needs a Fog light for the MOT test, and my mate who would do this for me has gone away until the 24th SEP so I need some help to get it sorted.

I dont want to have a fog light dumped at the bottom of the rear bumper, I want them wired into the rea lamp cluster.

Has anyone got a step-by-step guide on how to do this? I currently have no fogs on the car at all, so I know I will have to install a fog light switch to the dash too.

If anyone can help me out I will very much appriciate it. Even if its just how to install a rear fog light and wire that in

Cheers

P.S. I have checked all the How-to's on IMOC and nothing :thumbsup:

Hello m8y,

Recently did this myself. (bit of a makeshift job) to get through MOT. Have you got an actual light on the back that can be used as fog...(ie a reflector with no bulb not currently being used). If so it's easy....if not you are somehow gonna have to find space for it in the rear cluster. Take note you only need one working on whatever side. Run a cable from the bulb to a switch on the dash. I used a cheapo £2 Halfords red switch (made a hole in dash below steering wheel to left and fitted it there. Run a cable from THIS same terminal on the switch, to the live on the Battery. Run a cable from the switch to a ground point (somewhere under the bonnet is ok)...

Don't really know if this helps m8 if not sorry :(

If you get hold of some twin filament bulb holders you can fit them to the inner lights and with the use of a diode you can wire up so that you have 4 rear lights and 4 brake lights. Then when you switch on the fogs the inners become side/fog while the outers remain side/stop. Not sure if this is the right diagram but in the FILES section on IMOC is a wiring diagram "Fog light mod.PDF (8 k) Rear Fog light mod for imports ,wiring diagram"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links