Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 03 Yaris T Sport

peterabbit30

Me and my other half decided that our new car was to be the yaris T-SPORT and having read lots about the new t-sport coming out in may, headed off to our local toyota dealer. They new nothing about the T-SPORT having been upgraded. In auto-express and other pubs it refers to the whole range being upgraded with seats with memory,new lights,bumpers,suspension and dash. The dealer said probably only in eurpoe will this happen on the t sport. Anyway, We have ordered the yaris t-sport in its current form. I am amazed at the lack of knowledge from toyota dealers, we shopped around loads in case they were looking to clear their old stocks but everyone was the same,even importers knowing nothing.

On the plus side, we know at least how the current model drives and cant wait til it arrives next week.

yippee

:D

I must say the only annoying thing about my Yaris is the fact that when you move the front seats to let someone in the back you have to reset the entire seat VERY annoying.

Kaz

Hi kaz Tell me about it thats why i dont move the seat for no one now. It nearly takes me a month to get it right again :D

jerry!!

Like the sound of that :D

jerry!!

I don't have to have people in the back much, but I won't move the drivers seat they have to climb in throught the passenger seat only.

Kaz

Auto express did say that they where going to put traction control on the little thing but i can see any info on the toyota's Belgium site about this mind you i only read english

The t-spirit will have all 4 air bags and fog lights controls on the wheel for the stereo new looking dashboard 14" wheels... sounds like a t-sport and all for a grand less and new 1.3 engine

what i found amazing was the t-sport didn’t have much new bits added to it apart from some cosmetic i.e. T-Sport on the sills and on the Speedo and a new gear knob and the controls for the stereo check out the

and engine mods for the 2005 emissions thing. pics on the site.

Lets hope there is more and I think autoexpress gets it wrong sometimes and just prints anything it hears.

The new range of Yaris is detailed in the last "In Front" toyota magazine which you get for a year after buying a new car - that details the mods to the whole Yaris range - looking at the pics though I'd rather have the old model - the only thing lacking in the current model of t-sport is toys such as audio controls, cruise control etc. - The audio controls on the wheel are no good to me anyway as the factory stuff is the first thing to leave all my cars :D

The traction control is deffo on the new Tsport Turbo being released in Europe - I have also heard rumour that TTE will be supplying a full upgrade kit to Toyota Dealers to upgrade current Yaris TS to a Turbo, this includes not only the turbo but also uprated brakes, and a stand alone TCS.

Steve.

Yeah as the yaris turbo will not be coming to the uk, apparantly the turbo kit will go on sale later this year costing about 2 grand taking the yaris t sport to 130bhp.

I dont feel too bad about ordering the current t sport now,thanks guys. (but that seat with memory does sound appealing)

I notice not too many people have the blue yaris t-sport,hmmmm....

I really wanted the Blue one but as I was buying a used car I waited ages to find a Yaris T Sport at all let alone a blue one, but a great bargin came up the car was in Black and I fell in love with it it was only 8 months old with a milage of only 3000 and a brilliant price.

I still love the Blue ones but equally to my black one (don't I ramble :D )

Kaz

yeah blacks cool too....(but blue is yummy :P )

I hear many conflicting sources of information.some people say run in a new car gently at first, others say it doesnt matter nowadays as the cars all are tested for many miles in the factory and are run in there.

As im picking up my new beastie t sport yaris next week, whats the official line ? is it ready to race new or shall i drive like an oap?

First of all welcome to th club mate. Back to the running in well it's up to you. If you are going to keep the car for awhile i would run it in for at least 1000 miles. If you are selling in the next 3 years give it stick. What the next owner doesn't know wont hurt them :D Thats what most people say on the site.

As for me i ran my car in for a 1000 miles keeping the revs under 4k as i thought that it was wrong to be maxing out the engine revs so early into it's new leash of life.

jerry!!

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Rabbit, You do not need to run in your T Sport it runs like a dream from the start. I have a blue T Sport which I bought september 01. I have done 21,000 great miles in it and I love it. I am changing it soon. My dealer in Cardiff told me in April that the new spec T sport is being launched on the 1st of May 2003 and he is going to order me a Thunder Grey one on the day it is launched. I can't believe your dealer knew nothing about the new spec.

I bet the Turbo version would have been an animal never mind the T Sport is fun enough and I can't go too fast I work in a Fixed Penalty Office !!

hi..

got a blue yaris, like the thunder grey one as well . Havent seen many around where i live though, only 3 other tsport yaris's (1 black, 2 thunder grey) in 30 months.

my mpg went up a bit after doing about 2000 miles and got a bit more power as well.

Surinder...

isn't that part of the yaris t-sports charm....its rariety...every man and his dog drives saxo's etc....

I don't like the new front bumper.

I alsolike the fact that you don't see many T Sports - it'll be a shame when they become common!!

Kaz

when i bought my 1st t sport in april 2001 and i only used too see about 1 a month bought another last sept and now i see about 2-5 a mouth depens where i am at the time as i only goto work and back.

see more saxo's vt's about 30 a month.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links