Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Optimax

Richard K

Hi all,

I've started using optimax and I'm now on my fifth tank full I think.

I've no noticable performance improvement (1.3 125Kmiles didn't expect much anyway :lol: ),

But the economy seems to be better.

With my aggressive driving style, at the halfway mark the trip counter normally show 145 to 155 miles. But the past 3 times it's been 175 to 180 :thumbsup: .

There might be a down side to this because my engine is sounding more like a beetle engine at idle :( . a work mate mentioned pinking but I was unsure.

Can anyone answer this?

Thanx in advance.

Richard K

i was running it along with octance booster the other weekend at trax and the car felt worse in all honest.

and as for the sound, i cant really tell, my car burbles and pops, and that weekend was poppin like a goodun so may well be something to do with overfuelling

ed

If you got an import then optimax is good stuff. If you got a uk car that is tuned for 95 ron then its a waste of money.

I've ran the Supra on it and its no better than normal 95ron, and when 95 is 79.9p vs optimax at something like 85p i know which i always put in :D

Its <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed mine up!!! got it booked in tomorrow for a check. Everytime i now accelerate it judders...damm you optimax damm you :angry:

:thumbsup: i mix it with unleaded £10 of each , no problems at all .

Its <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed mine up!!! got it booked in tomorrow for a check. Everytime i now accelerate it judders...damm you optimax damm you :angry:

Cant see how Optimax could harm your car.

Mines been running on it for nearly a year and loves it :)

hhmm interesting i went to a texaco garage and got there low supher one..

I dunno...its the good stuff of texaco...anyways i was driving along and thought hhhmmm ill reset my trip comp...

What do you know!

My MPG has risen from 36-37 to 42!

all for 1p extra!

Optimax is good for Jap Imports especially turbos.

If I had a UK car tho I would just stick anything in it. I'm forced to use unleaded or super unleaded as my Shell garage has changed to Jet ?!?!?! :ffs:

But when I do get optimax, the motor loves it !!! :)

It seems if you have a sports/performance car it's worth it

but mines not so I think I'll switch back. maybe I'll then notice if it's lacking something.

I think i'll do my sums to see if the extra miles I get cancel out the extra cost in fuel. I doubt it, but I may as well try. thanks for the replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links