Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Wiper Blades

alanbradley

Right, bit of a strange one this...

This afternoon I went to the local Mr. T (Corrie Motors, Inverness) to get a new set of three wiper rubbers for the car.

According to the parts bloke (who insisted on seeing if I did need new blades :ffs: ) you can't just get the blades, you have to order pretty much entire wiper (especially for the rear).

Thi seems like rubbish (or something like that) to me. Have any of you been told the same?

Cheers,

Alan

PS I knew I drove 120 miles to Struans in Perth for a reason... :rolleyes:

I don't know - I didn't hang around that long...

It used to just cost me 12 quid for all 3 which was much cheaper than Halfrauds or almost anywhere else.

Sorry,

A

Guys

You can get the Wiper Blades from Halfords. For the front 2 it will set you back £17.And for the rear you will have to buy just the rubber only and thread it onto the wiper blade as they haven't made one for the rear yet. So dont be fooled guy's :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Rear blade from Toyota was about £9 earlier this year, if I remember correctly.

The rear wiper is useless anyway, mines NEVER gets used! And for the fronts just get a set out of Halfrauds or the local motor place! :thumbsup:

£8 a pair at my local parts place

£5 for the drivers side and £3 for the passenger side which is suprisingly quite a bit shorter than the drivers side! :thumbsup:

Your right, you can only get the back one from toyota so i didnt even bother changing it

i manage to take the rubber out of the rear blade and get a rubber from a rav rear and cut it down, the fronts you can get rubbers only at toyota, cheap blades wear at the pivot quickley and you get screan judder

Is it possible to remove the rear wiper? I think its a damn ugly thing and I never use em anyway.

Aye pull/flip open the catch, socket set...bingo, ugly hole left, weld plate, smotth over, re-spray voila :hokus-pokus:

Is it possible to remove the rear wiper? I think its a damn ugly thing and I never use em anyway.

Aye pull/flip open the catch, socket set...bingo, ugly hole left, weld plate, smotth over, re-spray voila :hokus-pokus:

Yaris WRC has done this and in Canada I believe its an option to have no rear wiper! B)

Mmm I think they are spinning a tale there! :angry: When my car was serviced they just replaced the rubbers and that was a Toyota dealer. Can't remember how much but not excessive.

Cheers, Jenny

Cheers folks - I was sure that they were making it up as they went along. I actually use my rear wiper quite a bit - maybe it's because of all the peeing rain we get, or maybe because a lot of my driving is on fast A-roads rather than around town...

thanks again,

Alan

Yaris WRC has done this and in Canada I believe its an option to have no rear wiper! B)

Some of the 'lower spec' models don't have a rear wiper. Not sure about whether they will fit/remove the wiper as an option though. They also have larger bumpers there which makes the Yaris (oops, sorry, Echo) look like it has a big bottom! Also their rear seat doesn't slide forward.

does sound like mr T parts guy trying to get his sales up!!!

i've changed my front blades got PIA silicone ones good blades

but not cheap.

Welcome jennyt125 to TOC :group-cuddles: where abouts in cornwall

you from?

kimi :wub:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links