Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I An Oddball?

Bizarra

I read all about the mods & bodywork peeps do to their Toyotas & wonder if I am weird.

I went over to Birmingham last July to buy a '91 Corolla 16 valve Executive gl. No Bids on e-bay, so I offered the reserve & got her for £400 stg. A couple of garage door dings, but otherwise perfect. This my second one. Previous is '89 & gone a bit expensive to bring up to scratch, but has probably a better engine & gearbox. I got a luxury car for peanuts.

One quiet Sunday on the motorway I opened her up. I eased off at the ton as the front wheels needed balancing & I DIDN'T need points on my licence. Point is there was plenty left before I slowed down. Someday I'll try again to see what max is.

I don't want to mod her or change the bodywork! I think she is perfect, as is. Do I need seeing to by men in white coats? (or women? Even better! Evil chuckle) :help::eek:

I thought my MR2 was perfect when it was stock. You soon get bored.

:yes:

In my case i didn't modify a car for 6 years, then i went to my aunt's funeral in Southend and during the funeral procession i saw a modified Avensis coming the other way :blink:

The wife went "OFF's NO", my mum went "please tell me that ain't the same car as this" and the rest is history :lol::lol::lol:

no not an oddball at all

what you choose to do to your motor, if anything, is entirly upto you

ive been reading modding mags for mags for years and can still remember reading the first *caaaaarrfff* max power mag

looking at the modded examples and thing WOW! :rolleyes:

so i had to get me some! i bought my first install at 16, didnt even have a car...... :D and was crazy on Fords at the time (dont hit me) and ended up owning a mk4 combi van for £700 which had the install fitted in the following evening!

then i passed my test and added all sorts of bits and bobs......

ultimately my dream came into the japanese market as i was discovering the potential of such cars and everything went out the window.

first jap car was my 1.0GS Yaris, only had an install in that (huge one!) as money was tight at work due to 9/11 (i work in aerospace) but then it picked up and i decided on the t-sport, mainly because.... its got a bodykit as std, its got nice alloys, its got a sports interior, therefore i would need to do owt to it...........

no, picked it up on thursday, install in by staurday afternoon.....! and then alloys, and then.............. well see my garage link!

and now im on the brink of obtaining more power! and not in this car!

i dont think i could ever leave a car standard from now on

i hate to see im driving the same car (in respect) to other people, i like my individuality

Nah mate your not an oddball, as has peeps have said, its all down to different people, and some carr are better just left alone :thumbsup:

Its very hard to stop yourself from modding your motor sometimes, even though mine has more than its fair share of power standard im still tempted to do stuff to it because you get greedy :D .

Luckly almost 6months since i bought it and its still stock :lol: The temptation is terrible :help:

Its very hard to stop yourself from modding your motor sometimes, even though mine has more than its fair share of power standard im still tempted to do stuff to it because you get greedy :D .

Luckly almost 6months since i bought it and its still stock :lol: The temptation is terrible :help:

Your time will come Leeky, your time will come.

SEE YOU AT JAE 2005!!

No mate not at all!

My 2 is totally standard. Partly because I havn't had two pennies to clink together since I got her! ;) But also because I love Mr2's I think they are beautiful cars and I wouldnt want to change her too much.

The others are right aswell, cars are very personal things, esp as far as modding goes, and everyone has totally diferent tastes. The great thing is on here is that everyone appreciates that and see's the beauty of each individuals car, regardless of personal taste.

Think Jaxx summed it up well.

From my point of view, I have never modded anything for purely asthetic reasons, I like the basic standard looks of a vehicle, and would not normally buy anything which was not to my tastes, even a banger, never.

As for the tweaks, well I have played with stuff in the past, but have never had serious money having left home at a quite young age and being not good with money to make serious mods, would love to play with my GSX1100, but I have kids and mortgage so I dream.

Do what you are happy with and what fits your budget, don't get it on credit, save up and enjoy the feleing of having worked for it.

Make it more efficient by keeping it in tip top shape, and enjoy good cheap transport :yes:

well dude

i dont think that you are an oddball.

the new thing in south africa his the fast and furious look with big spoilers and the works.

just do simple modifications like lower the suspension 40mm put in a cone filter and maybe some rims and tint the windows, lets start with the the cheaper stuff first and has time goes on you can save for the more expensive **** like turbo and nos.

it his all up to your pocket and your taste.

even tho my car is modded to death, I do actually still like the stock look of Mr2s.

Once I started modding I just couldn't stop... lol. It's an illness !!

But as others have said, it's upto yourself mate.... you're not an odd bod.

I'm scared to think what my car will be like come JAE 2005 ... or if I'll still have the same car !! ... lol.

Boost is the killer for the anti-modding peeps ..

(if I can get another 3psi .. that's another 30 bhp)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links