Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1989 Camry - Engine Idling Prob

Kaksta

I own a 1989 Camry (aust built), 2L fuel injected. Have had two distinct faults emerge with the engine over the last few months.

1. Engine misses when it is warm. It is particularly noticeable when cruising (not under power) at about 60-70km/h. Often the missing/shaking is quite violent! Under load it is fine.

2. More recently, the car became much harder to start when cold. Have to crank it several times. When this problem started, the idle when cold became quite low (about 600-700rpm), and when warm the idle is about 1200 rpm. Prior to this problem occurring the cold idle was about 1200rpm and the warm idle about 700rpm.

I'm at a bit of a loss - any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers, Michael.

I had a similar problem with my V6 Camry. It turned out to be the ignition leads shorting to earth when they got hot. New set of leads and it was perfect. Idle speed returned to normal as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links