Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Job Suggestions

CraigT

Ok so this is how it stands. I worked for the NHS for eight and a half years. It was really interesting but the pay wasnt the best.

For the last three years Ive worked with computers. Used to be a big interest of mine but Ive grown to hate them and they way that they seem to stress people out so much. But the pay is good...

So the time has come and I feel like a complete change. Ive considered a paramedic (heading back towards the NHS), and the pay is pretty good, but being the narrow minded muppet that I am Im sure Im not considering loads of other great things :blink:

So..................can you guys and gals suggest a new intersting line of work that I can go into that doesnt involve going to Uni for a few more years (not an option).

Please dont suggest !Removed! star as this is not viable (believe me Ive given this some thought).

You need something totally different!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about being a medic on film sets all round the world!!

Not sure if you can find out about that at the Job Center tho.

We need to know what interests you really.. you cant just go for anything.

Mate honestly at this stage in my life Im completely open minded! ANYTHING.

Not Darth Vader as a mate of mine suggested (is it so hard for people to be serious?!?!)

Do you want to stick with caring for the community?

Or do something mental like learning to be a driving instructor or screen printing new T-Shirt designs..

Do you have any tallents?

become a moderator for TOC, just sit on you fat asre and get respected by all the other TOC members

what do you like doing?

Well the stuff Im good at is art, computers, and I seem to be drawn towards caring for people also.

Ive considered helping out in 3rd world countries etc but im not sure how to go about it and what they need from people.

Also I have a GF and a one year old daughter which kind of pulls me away from that. But doesnt rule it out completely.

Its easy to sign up for world aid corps but you will be away from home for long periods of time and its bad pay.

Thought about working in a morgue?

How are you skilled in art?

Junior graphic designer doesnt need a degree.

Ive considered a paramedic (heading back towards the NHS), and the pay is pretty good,

I'd try and find out more about that...

Can’t really go wrong with any of the Emergency Services :thumbsup:

become a moderator for TOC, just sit on you fat asre and get respected by all the other TOC members

what do you like doing?

Or maybe consider being a student then sit at home playing on the PC in the dark and eating pizza.... :yes:

undertakers assistant , embalming etc ???

Someone correct me if im wrong, but to become a paramedic will require lots of study and aswell as training, so if you dont wanna be a student again, prob not the best idea. It is a very long and hard process as I understand so you'd have to be really convinced it was the thing you wanted.

Working for the red cross would be amazing, a very worthy thing to do and a great way to use your medical talents and desire to care for people. But I think they could send you anywhere, so upheaval for the family, or you being away for long periods.

How about advertising, that could include your artistic side, but not require uni.

failing those how about Snake tamer! ;)

I used to be a Croupier and loved it when I first started (after several years it started to get a bit boring).

The hours are terrible (shift work either 2pm-9pm or 9pm-5am) and the pay is crap. But you get to take loads of money off pretentious w :censor: kers and laugh at them as you do it.

Plus, if you really get the bug to travel, UK croupiers are seen as the best in the world so you can work pretty much anywhere once you have a couple of years experience. I never went abroad, but my brother went to Singapore to work on the ships and went to Hungary & Romania before that as a croupier.

but to become a paramedic will require lots of study and aswell as training, It is a very long and hard process as I understand

I think you are right Debz, looking at the London web site, the training is mega and that’s just for the technician grade.

Salute to the Ambulance Fire and Police staff... :thumbsup:

Ambulance

Erm a couple of you have mentioned morgues and embalming.

If at all possible Id preffer not to spend all day with dead people! Think about it:

GF: How was your day dear?

ME: LOL oh we had this one dead guy right, who had been playing with a chainsaw....

GF: I want a new man :blink:

How about <Lowers voice> the police?..

Good pay, good benefits, after two years, traffic, csi, drug squad...

Yeah I have considered it.

But I dont want to be a cop as such. There must be loads of other stuff you can do within the Police but how do I find out about them all??

You'd have to phone South Wales Police..cardiff, swansea etc.. or Gwent Police, depending where you'd want to be based :thumbsup:

You'd have to be a 'regular' Policeman, on the beat for two years, then you can specialize...Traffic, Crime Scene Investigation etc, as mentioned before :thumbsup:

Then there's community support officers etc

:P How about shelf stacking in the local supermarket :P

Wouldnt need to go for Uni for that!! (i'm joking btw before anyone takes offence)

I work in Motor Insurance claims and it's pretty interesting :)

What type of art are you good at? Could always do freelance or full time art work for mags ;)

How about becoming a postman.

You can earn about £400 per week and be home by lunch time. Great exercise (have you ever seen a fat postman) and you can use the afternoons to learn a new trade or just relax.

You will be on your own for 70% of your working day and very little pressure or hassle.

:thumbsup:

But you have to work in the rain/snow/cold.......

And if its anything like the garfield cartoons, get mauled regualrly by a fat cat :lol:

You can earn about £400 per week and be home by lunch time. Great exercise (have you ever seen a fat postman) and you can use the afternoons to learn a new trade or just relax.

You will be on your own for 70% of your working day and very little pressure or hassle.

Ill be doing that soon! :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

Ill be doing that soon! :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

I've been 'on the post' for 18 years now so just shout if you want to know anything :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links