Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Choice...

mattmr2

Right then chaps I've decided to go with the Konig Holes wheel, the problem is I'm not too sure what size to go for.

I want to step them down so if I went for 19's on the rear i'd have 18's on the front, and if I had 18's on the rear I'd have 17's on the front.

These are the sixe combinations,

F-17X7 offset 45

R-18X7.5 offset 45

Or,

F-18X7.5 offset 45

R-19X8 offset 40.

I really want to go with the 19's on the rear because I think it will set the car off a treat, however when I go that big I'm kind of limited on the tyre sizes available. I'm forced in to going with 215/35 front and 235/35 rear, which on a 19 will increase my rolling radius by about 7%. I will also need a spacer on the front of about 10mm so the wheel doesn't foul on the Teins.

The conserns I have are mainly down to handelling, will this set up mess it all up - I plan to have the coilovers and wheel alignment sorted professionally once the wheels are on, but will the car be drivable?? If I do a trackday or whatever i'll probably put the stock wheels back on, so I'm not planning hardcore driving on them, but i'd like it to feel good day to day.

What do you guys reckon - is anyone running this setup?? Any help, ideas, or just thoughts are welcome.........

Do I go 18 or do I go 19?????.......

Matt. :blink:

im running 18's at the mo with 255/35 on the rear and 215/35 on the fronts. the rims are 8 inch wide and offset of about 38mm.

the wheels sit abolutely fine in terms of lining up to the panels. however, handling is compromised quite a bit. the car tramlines a lot more especially on bumpy, uneven roads. you will feel every bump in the road due to the low profile. cornering is understeer as opposed to crisp and then snap oversteer.

in essence, going for huuuge wheels is purely for looks as there is not handling benefit to be had from them. i love the look of my wheels and was never satisfied with the look of my 17's. 16's offer the best handling, anything above that is a compromise.

mate, if you can do 19s properley, do it!

as everyone says though, it will compromise handling...

your motor on 19s ... cant wait to see it!!!

Move aside jim........ hehe,

I'm sourcing them in the UK but i'm having to wait 4weeks for the 19's to land.....I'll probably change my mind by then!!

M.

Move aside jim........ hehe,

I'm sourcing them in the UK but i'm having to wait 4weeks for the 19's to land.....I'll probably change my mind by then!!

M.

Move over Jim looks like Matts the NEW KING OF THE BLOCK :P :P

nah.... 

I've got plans... secret plans tho... once the motor is fixed... you'll see... YOU'LL SEE I TELL YOU ALL !!!!!!  :wacko:

SEE WHAT.... Jim :eek:

My Dad keeps saying that and he's 78 :!Removed!:

( I don't understand this & I wrote it ?? losing it or whet !! )

Edited by Roytoner

Would be interested to see how it looks on 19's, should be sweet. Personally I wouldn't go bigger than 17's because I like to retain sharp handling.

I can't believe that some of the earlier models came with 14's, they look so small.

nah....

I've got plans... secret plans tho... once the motor is fixed... you'll see... YOU'LL SEE I TELL YOU ALL !!!!!! :wacko:

Fluffy dice?

Cheers for the comments guys..... looks like i'm gonna be the testbed then, i've arranged to try some wheels of the same size but a different rim just to see if it will work.......fingers crossed!

Just need to check with the insurance..... they already stinged me +15% for the body kit......what do they think i'm made of money.....

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links