Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Attack Of The Spiders ?!?!?

Jimlad

Remember a little while back when Jappy posted up a picture of a Spider he had caught in a glass ? It was a massive beasty.

Well to my horror, when I was sitting on the sofa last night I saw one of these mutated monsters run across the carpet and behind the SkyTV box.

I cacked myself but thought, there's no way I'm gonna be able to get it now. A few minutes later it pegged it across the floor..... AAAAAARGH !!!

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a glass. The Spider was on the wall, but I didn't have the guts to grab it or knock it onto the floor. So out came my Lynx deod spray... lol. Scoooosh !!!!!! I kept spraying the bugger until it curled up and fell on the deck.... I placed a glass over it... Spider A captured.

I just woke up about 10mins ago, went to the bathroom... what did I see ? Another one of these giants in my bath ! WTF? I would get it with the shower, but there's no way that thing will ever fit down the plug hole... I'm scared.. lol. So far Spider B is till on the loose!

I know these things are just house spiders, but man they're BIG!!! I like the little versions of them !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• ~Rach~

• JNR

• ricomr2

Top Posters In This Topic

awwwwww

poor ickle jimmy...

are the big scawy spidwers scarwing you???

</sarcastic baby voice>

:lol: :lol:

yeah, its the time of the year.. by the way, if you put them right outside your house, they'll be back in within an hour ;)

I have one too at the mo, this beast is f***ing huge and only has 6 legs, so obv bit of a jackie Chan Spidy, and lost!!!

What you need is a pint glass, and a beer mat. pop the pint glass over the subject, slide the beer mat under the glass, they spiders normally run around at this point so you can get underneath him, then run a long way away and let him go, it helps if you spin the glass round several times, so he losses his bearings :P

You probably had one of those things lay a load of eggs somewhere nice and warm, soon you'll get an invasion ;) :lol:

Im terrified of spiders. So much so that I cant pass them etc without freezing :blink:

Do what I do, get the Dyson out and suck it up from full arms length. I do this for everone I see.

Afterwards leave the cleaner on for 3-4mins to make sure that he's dead and not gonna crawl back out for revenge :ph34r:

Men seem to be more scared of spiders than girls!!!

Nicks petrified of them, Im the one left to kill the little buggers :lol:

:lol::lol:

i put a huge beastie out last night too. i didnt proceed in such a cowardly way like u tho jim, but the end result was the same :P

went right out into the garden and put it under the hedge.

like fidgits said it will make its way back into the house - but im gonna make the git walk a while first :thumbsup:

leave it be ?? This thing will eat me in my sleep !! .. lol

Rach... not funny about that eggs comment.. lol

Also... if I suck it with the hoover... will it be able to get out again ?

seriously for a second Jim...

An egg sack will be in a dark warm place (airing cupboard?), and is a white 'sac', for house spiders, it may only be a centimetre or so in diameter.. but have a check around, cos they can house up to 50 babies...

:ph34r: i feel your pain... scared kakless of these little b@stards... dont know why, nor do i care...just KEEP THEM AWAY FORM MEEEE!!! :ph34r:

:lol:

spiders are clean creatures mate and they dont do nowt!

what they do, do is they catch all the crap bugs that bring illness and diseas and eat them!!

just thing of it as a 'hard' pet

Jim, you probably found the mummy and daddy spiders love, its true. There will most likely be a little sac around. Watch out as it can look like a little ball of fluff/dust. Find it, and either squish it or throw it out of the hosue a long long long way away.

Aww you wuss, look what you'd find if your in Iraq at the mo...

camelspider_small.jpg

Camel Spiders..With a vertical leap that would make a pro basketball player weep with envy (they have to be able to jump up on to a camels stomach after all), they latch on and inject you with a local anesthesia so you can't feel it feeding on you. They eat flesh, not just suck out your juices like a normal spider.

seriously for a second Jim...

An egg sack will be in a dark warm place (airing cupboard?), and is a white 'sac', for house spiders, it may only be a centimetre or so in diameter.. but have a check around, cos they can house up to 50 babies...

Dark warm place ?? ... ARGH !

I have lots in this house. The cupboard in the hall... the TV unit... big brick and wood unit built that the TV sits on. Spiders could easily live in underneath there.

No way.. I'm scared if I find the thing !! Arachnaphobia stylee.... ARGH . Where's me nail gun ?

When I was spraying the ****** with deod spray last night I was seriously considering using a match a lighter at the same time... lol. Then I thot what if it starts to run all over the place and set everywhere on fire! :blink:

Luckily I don't smoke or have a lighter... lol.

camelspider_small.jpg

Camel Spiders..With a vertical leap that would make a pro basketball player weep with envy (they have to be able to jump up on to a camels stomach after all), they latch on and inject you with a local anesthesia so you can't feel it feeding on you. They eat flesh, not just suck out your juices like a normal spider.

that green faced camel spider... does it have any legs or just sit around like that ? ... lol

Ahhhh dont be a scaredy cat Jim, the baby spiders wont hurt you :lol:

:lol:

a friend of mine was telling me about camel spiders when he was in iraq

says one was sat on the spare wheel on the bonnet of his landrover and was stretched as big as the tyre :blink:

Ahhh sir...

A subject i know quite well...

My Dad works out in Saudi, and we used to visit when i was younger (6 and 8)..

At the time, there was an outbreak of camel spiders (which by the way, can grow to a foot wide (from tips of legs)..

A guy fell asleep drunk under a tree, and woke up missing a leg - huge panic around the compound!

and your right, their saliva has a very powerful local anesthetic, as well as a congulatan...

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links