Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Seats

veilside_mr2

hiya,

I`m looking for some aftermarket bucket seats for my car, has any1 got some fitted and if so how easy are they to fit??, also where is a good place to find some?

cheers

trev

Jimlad is the man to ask, he has a couple of sparco's in his 2 an had to get brackets made especially.

I think it cost him about a grand for the seats and the brackets :thumbsup:

yeah... it cost a fair whack.

Basically I've got some sparco torino 2 seats. Sparco don't make subframes for the MR2 so it got a little tricky.

I suppose if you weren't fussed about the ride height being the same or about the seats being able to slide, you could go a cheaper route.

I got my old subframes removed from my old seats. I needed extra parts fabricated to be able to get the seats in the car and able to slide etc as stock. It took alot of work and quite alot of time to get them in the car. I also got threaded steel plates etc made up to go behind the firewall for the harness's to bolt into.

I obviously don't know exactly what was done as my nice garage done it for me. They angle grinded the old subframes off the seats. ( the old seats are unuseable afterwards ) Modified them, got extra bits made up and painted black to match the existing subframe of the old seat.

Like I said it could probably be done cheaper, but this was a very good job... very professionally done.

My garage would do it for you for £350... but you probably live miles away... lol.

thanks jim, a very thorough explanation.

Is it just sparco who dont make subframes for the mr2?, what about other brands?

I need some seats sharpish too..hmm.

Corbeau make them, but I looked at the seats before the subframes.

Dont let the manufacturer of subframes sway the decision to get the right seat. I am SO happy that i decided on my Cobra Daytonas, if had chosen a Corbeau seat just because they made the subframe, im not sure i'd be as happy as i know that my decision was semi forced.

I'd pick the seat you want mate, then do what Jim's done and get the original sub frames mounted to your chair, shouldn't take too long.

Dave!

go on to eBay.com, those guys have everything.

seat companies.........send them emails about their subframes, may be a bit costly but v professional

I'm thinking of getting a pair of OMP Carbon Fibre bucket seats from Demon Tweaks, as they weigh sod all.

thinking of getting them re-trimmed like the seats in my car at the moment, Alcantara / leather.

but yeah i'm not letting a company who makes the sub-frame sway my decission. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links