Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Filter

RFvitz

Ok, so ive been told by 2 local places that they can't fit my aftermarket cone filter to my airbox. so i decided to just get some bits n try somehow attach it.

so the result is this... i attached the filter to the existing intake hole with a custom made stainless steel pipe.

Then i was told it still wont be airtight because the original filter was used to seal the box aswell as filter the air....so i cut out the old filter and just left the outline to properly seal the airbox.

heres wot it looks like:

2004-09-16%2003.jpg

now one person told me that the way ive done it is absolutely useless.

that true?? i mean i already see a benefit cos i dont have to change the filter.

any advice?

heres a pic of it fitted.

2004-09-16%2004.jpg

i tried giving my engine a cleaning today, cos u see after the crash about a year ago when they fixed her they put loads of wax on the engine and in the engine bay. they said its to keep it more waterproof and stuff.

but its NASTY.. and its such a b*tch to get it out.

anyone got any tips for cleaning this stuff?

in theory it shouldn't cos you're using the same airbox, but it does sound a lil deeper than usual.

personally i didnt want much of a sound difference... i dont like to be heard from miles off and then drive by in a 1L :lol:

a mild difference suited me just fine. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links