Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Mod

dazzbuzz

I currently have a toyota Yaris 1.0 and was looking to mod my car so i can increase the speed and acceleration of the car. I was hoping someone might have ideas how to do this with costs etc and also if possible if anyone knows anywhere near Orpington in Kent that fits these mods for people.

Many thanks, Darren

i would suggest you save the money and buy a 1.3 or 1.5 rather than buying mods for the 1l as yo will not gain much without spending alot of money!!!

i was going to mod my 1.3 and realised that there was not much point so i waited a year and am now looking to sell!!

CB :thumbsup:

yes there is mods that can do that but none that im aware of that are as cost efficient as buying a t sport!

if u have a standard 1l yaris you would have to lower it supercharge etc the engine, upgrade wheels, upgrade brakes, upgrade body styling,!leather steering wheel geer nob,colour code upgrade exhaust etc......(then labour)

before it was even as good as a t sport!

which is gonna come alot cheaper than modifying the 1l!

but thats up to you!!

CB :thumbsup:

someone tell me about the ECU, what it does, what it actually is!! and how much it would cost for it plus approx price on fitting

:thumbsup:

its all about the turbo mr dazzbuzz

www.tdi-plc.com/toyota_yaris.html#TORQUE%20DEVELOPMENTS%20UPGRADES%20FOR

im sure youll find some stuff on here

u can get reprogrammable ecu's(not sure about the yaris)(unless there piggy backs) i think they would only be required with extreme mods such as compressors!so u can control fueling etc so u dont run lean etc!!

CB

whats the possible performance mods available to the yaris apart from full exhaust system and induction kit, which are under £1000

Would have to agree with Robie the most effective 'mod' for any car is to reduce the weight!

ECU (Engine Control Unit) controls ignition, fuel injectors, vvti (if you,ve got it) etc and varies them according to input from the sensors round the engine. For example the throttle position sensor (TPS), as you open the throttle to let more air into the engine the ECU increases the length of time that the injectors are open thus keeping the correct mixture ratio. There are other sensors which have an input, air and engine temp sensors, O2 sensor etc.

A chip will fool the ECU into thinking the engine requires more fuel than neccesary for the normal, economic, running of the car. The air/fuel mixture is usually set to give an economically running engine (about 14:1 air to fuel I think) the chip will set this nearer to 13 or 12:1.

All my experience is with the 4A-GE (Mk1 MR2/Corrolla engine) so I know nada about vvti (variable valve timing).

HTH

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links