Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nippy Clio

mr2nut123

was playin about with a 1.8 older shape clio 2day whos a mate of a mates, neway, he claimes he has a 'superchip' (probably imported from macdonalds ;) ) but it really was quick had to push my car a bit to keep up. thing is once i got into 5000revs i was racin up behind him and had to slam on brakes a fair bit then all of a sudden he'd be off agen. he did alot of downchangin and revved it to the max which is why i had to push mine a bit i suppose. just wish i cud have been on the bypass so i could have kept goin n beat the ******

Those Clio's are quite quick, I think the 1.8 has about 120bhp and don't forget they're somewhat lighter than our cars.

Whilst on this subject I was surprised by a Pug 306 GTI-6 the other week. Was close but I couldn't quite keep up with it. Mind you, they have 150bhp as standard and handle well.

Yeah, the Clio is 138 bhp if it is the 16v model. They are very fast!!!

I dont embarrass myself with my 109 bhp! lol

The pug mi16 is a very quick motor too if sticking to the same lines. Its bye bye Clio 16v in it!!

Lol. The french make good engines and chassis' but their cars tend to be built on the cheap with thin body panels and cheap interiors.

Whilst on this subject I was surprised by a Pug 306 GTI-6 the other week. Was close but I couldn't quite keep up with it. Mind you, they have 150bhp as standard and handle well.

when i had my Celica... I had a bash against a XSI... and the bugger was with me side by side!!! form about 70mph onwards he started to pull away!.. git!... :unsure:

got to my mates place to fidn that it has the same engine as the GTi-6.. :bookworm:

Street sleepers... dont you just hate them? :yes:

he says to the guy with a stock MR2 Turbo... :rolleyes: :D

lol blood sod off :lol: im 18 man YOU pay my insurance and ill quite hapily get one! lmao :thumbsup:

Hey man i was 18 once £1000 for an X reg 950 CC fiesta 75mph off a cliff :crybaby:

:lol:

Lol. The french make good engines and chassis' but their cars tend to be built on the cheap with thin body panels and cheap interiors.

My missus has had a Citroen AX GT for the past 6 years. It had 24k on the clock on it when we bought it and now has near 100k. In those 6 years, it has NEVER let her down once. It is astonishingly quick (not fast, but very quick off the mark) for a car with a 1396cc engine, and holds the road like a limpet!

She's only selling now to buy a Yaris SR because it's a little old looking and she wants something (her words) "more trendy".

Just my two cents worth.

how about the new Renault V6 arent they something like 250bhp.

should be fun in a little yogurt pot car :)

255bhp mid-engined V6, quick but you can't drift them , we had one on test from Renault for a week. :D

The 172's & 182's are over-estimated by Renault, most are lucky to push 140bhp, some as low as 120 depending on how they've been run-in and mods etc.

16v's are quicker than most people think & quite a few have the Williams 2.0 swap. B)

I'll never forget the shame of being totally wasted in my mk3 3.0i auto supra by my mates clio wiliams, with exhaust, induction and chip!!!! Makes it even worse as she's a girl :lol:

I'll never forget the shame of being totally wasted in my mk3 3.0i auto supra by my mates clio wiliams, with exhaust, induction and chip!!!! Makes it even worse as she's a girl :lol:

:lol::lol:

oh dear :ph34r:

Sorry but thats funny a clio beating a 3.0 Supra :P

255bhp mid-engined V6, quick but you can't drift them , we had one on test from Renault for a week.  :D

The 172's & 182's are over-estimated by Renault, most are lucky to push 140bhp, some as low as 120 depending on how they've been run-in and mods etc.

16v's are quicker than most people think & quite a few have the Williams 2.0 swap.  B)

tried and abused, I like you thinking :thumbsup:

personally i think the Williams engine is overated, but then again i would say that, as my track day !Removed! is 205 Mi16. ;)

You cant beat the Mi16. My mate has one and it just looks like your standard 1.6 GTi, but then "Bye-Bye"!! lol

Have to wait a few years before I get a 3S-GTE E111 on the road! lol (I wish!) :yes:

the 1.6 are very cheeky round corners. :)

our 205 is slighty tweaked (271bhp) but it's a 1.9 car, so it feels abit heavier in the steering compared to the 1.6.

on the track it's a hell of alot quicker than my tubby though.

you can just keep the pedal to the metal even round the twisties.

was playin about with a 1.8 older shape clio 2day whos a mate of a mates, neway, he claimes he has a 'superchip' (probably imported from macdonalds ;) ) but it really was quick had to push my car a bit to keep up. thing is once i got into 5000revs i was racin up behind him and had to slam on brakes a fair bit then all of a sudden he'd be off agen. he did alot of downchangin and revved it to the max which is why i had to push mine a bit i suppose. just wish i cud have been on the bypass so i could have kept goin n beat the ******

Forget how quick the french cars are meant to be for a minute. Look at where the most of your power comes from. The power is delivered well above 5k. On a R/R my Rev3 hit it's maximum power at 7150rpm.

The engines are relatively strong and as long as they are serviced regularly and looked after they should have no problem being kept at redline for a length of time B)

I don't recommend driving the nuts off it all the time on the roads though :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links