Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mongoose Or Apexi?

mr2nut123

wanting to save for my first good mod. mongoose exhaust with de-cat or an apexi full induction kit for my n/a rev2? im wanting more bhp and performance so which you rekon i shud do first?

As i said mate :P You know my opinion...

As your pretty tight on money...

Mongoose system as i think the standard air filter is quite good as it is for now... and just gut your cat. :)

Dave!

Well I'd say induction kit first :P , considerably cheaper than an exhaust system and makes more of a noticeable difference when accelerating in my opinion.

Well I'd say induction kit first :P , considerably cheaper than an exhaust system and makes more of a noticeable difference when accelerating in my opinion.

That's the way we want :thumbsup:

Then got the GOOSE :drool:

lol right that it! im savin for an apexi induction kit. wheres cheapest place? how much extra bhp does it give and is it easy to fit?

Mine had a k&n filter on it when i bought it but i didnt like the sound so i changed it to a cheap cone filter as a temp measure which turned out better for power gains and had a really deap roar.

Im still to fit an exhaust but my preference would be the goose and just

gut the cat to save cash as it does the same as a de cat pipe anyway :thumbsup:

cheers bibbs. thinkin of doin that as the induction kits alot cheaper than the exhaust anyway and im pretty skint and insurance is due soon :( cheers for info guys :thumbsup:

kool rico. yeah ive been talkin with rookey about guttin the cat to save alot of dosh, think ill do that when i get the exhaust but im savin for apexi induction first also what kinda of changes has the filter done for your car? can u 'feel' the differenece when u put ur foot down and does it give extra bhp?

I defo felt a difference the first time i drove it with the new filter,

dont know about the power gain cos the car hasn't been rr'd.

The real difference is when the t-vis comes in at 5000 rpm,

it comes in like a turbo!

kool! sum people get scared to rev mr2s but the revs go up to 9000 and redline at 7000 or summat so u can go to 5000revs quite safely....just expect big petrol bills like i found out 2day when i raced an elise :blink: lol i bet it does feel like a turbo it already feels like its got a tiny turbo in it, rite machine still gives me a grin when drivin it ;)

NA's always sound better than tubbies with a filter ..

the Turbo get's in the way of a proper gruff sound ..

wheres a good place that i can buy the full apexi induction kit for the 2 then? any good websites with quick delievery in uk?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links