Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light Stops On Until I Rev The Car When Cold

swales_p

This problem mainly happens when i get into my car 1st thing ing the morning. When i start the car, the oil light stays on untill i rev the car then it dissapears, if i only rev the car lightly - 3000 revs. the oil light will come bk on untill i take it over this limit and then wont come back on at all. Also, when the car is warm and i start it up the oil light goes off staright away.

Is this just normal, OR is my oil pump etc on its way out. Cheers :thumbsup:

low oil level, check that first

or not enough oil pressure (pump or blocking somewhere), have your oil pressure tested, sooner the better.

Cheers ,Yves.

It could be the oil pressure relief valve playing up. Or even the oil pressure sensor. Definately worth getting your oil pressure checked or even think about fitting an oil pressure gauge.

Ive just checked me oil (actually i did it yesterday) and its half way between the minimum and maximum mark on the dip stick.

Should there be more oil in the engine? and will this sort the problem out.

Also, im after some gauges for me motor, turbo psi, oil etc etc. Which ones are good, + where to fit them. cheers :thumbsup:

Well it should be okay but it's best to have the level between halfway and maximum. Mine burns a fair bit of oil so I have to check it every few days.

Always keep it at maximum... garages do not top your car to halfway... always to the max level.

I agree it may be the oil pressure sensor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links