Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For Sale On Autotrader

RichB

There's a mint Rev 3 Turbo on Autotrader - same colour as my car - wish I had the 6 grand to buy it, it looks awesome!

I think when I am in the position to upgrade my car, I will have to find one of these, or get it imported specially. 270bhp from the factory and not difficult to get it above 300...

In a word...

YES! :lol:

Quick technical question - where do they put the intercooler on the GSGTE Engine?

Rev 3?

is that another way of saying "3rd generation" as in 3S-GTE?

with the top mounted w/a intercooler?

if not, please post link

Hi,

According to my sources... (which I don't remember) - but I think it was IMOC or maybe even my MR2 owners manual... I know I read it somewhere...

Anyways, the last couple of years, or last year of MR2 Turbos built in Japan came with a 270bhp engine as standard. - I assumed this was the Rev 3 version, although maybe it's a Rev 4? I am not sure.

So the intercooler is top mounted - I assume the different engine cover has a scoop of some description in order to get the air into it?

I also read "twin entry" turbo a couple pf places - is this ust a flash way of saying that the airbox takes it's cold air feed from both sides of the car through the vents instead of just the one in the n/a car?

I'm sure I saw an MR2 down at Millway (yellow one) that was having a front mounted intercooler fitted - the logistics of this scare me!

I also saw a picture of an MR2 with the pods ala Countach on the outside of the C pillar - it this some kind of clever mod involving a lot of work to get more cold air into a top mounted intercooler?

I believe there was a limited run MR2 with a 3S-GTE(TRD) engine that ran 275bhp but never heard of a 2 with 270bhp stock....

That must be the one...

That car is still on the autotrader... I am <==> this close to calling the guy up!

But I just can't afford it, much as I would love it - the running costs on Turbo cars are a nightmare unless you have serious cash to throw at them or are an amatuer (sp?!) mechanic. Which I am neither.

Maybe in a few years...

Are you considering upgrading to a turbo any time?

Sort of....

I've always loved the MR2 since my Mk1 T-Bar which was my first car in Hong Kong, I am slowly working towards owning the complete set :

Mk1 NA - Own now

MK1 SC

Mk2 NA - Own now

Mk2 Turbo

Mk3

So yes I will eventually get a Mk2 Turbo but not as an upgrade but as an addition to the family, not a big fan of the mk3 but want the complete set :D :D :D

Thats very commited of you- must admit, I think the Mk3 is a backward step from the Mk2 - in looks and performance. :blink:

I think my ideal perfect MR2 has to be a Rev 3 or Rev 4 MR2 Turbo... if the day comes when I can afford two cars, I will certainly own a runaround normal car, and an MR2 Turbo for the weekends and fun :D . I miss the punch of the turbo in the G-Limited from the Calibra that I had! I was considering saving for a conversion on the N/A, but all things considered, I always recommend to other people to not waste their money and get the whole car - so I'll probably do that. <_<

In terms of performance gains on the MR2 N/A - I am seriously thinking about getting a decent progressive NOS system installed :lol: - all the Fast and Furious b0llocks :angry: aside - it is the only way to get affordable big power increases in a N/A. What do yo think?

Apologies for overuse of smilies :o

• 2 weeks later...
aside - it is the only way to get affordable big power increases in a N/A. What do yo think?

Apologies for overuse of smilies :o

sell the na and buy a tubby...

you know you wanna :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links