Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weak Radio Signal

smartart

I bought my Yaris second hand from Reading main dealer.

It has weak radio reception requiring much channel hopping (varies from day to day) just to listen to Radio 4 in the Thames valley! When it rains I get wiper motor and alternator noise - presumably picked up and amplified in the absence of much aerial signal.

The dealer wants me to take it in and drive round with a hole while they send the radio away. I have asked my local auto-electric guys (who are pretty smart) but they know nothing.

THEORY: I get massive static shocks from my Yaris. To go through the car wash I must unscrew my aerial. If the car is dirty I do not touch it but reach over to the aerial and have, indeed, discharged to it! Is static build up on the driver common in a Yaris? My information, from a very experienced radio guy, is that you can damage transistors and ICs with a high voltage belt. Any thoughts?

i always used to get static shocks with my amps wired in!now there not in i havnt had one since!(make of that what you will)

this is a good excuse to upgrade your headunit to an aftermarket jobbie! :D

CB :thumbsup:

I get lots of static shocks during the winter when they grit the roads, meaning the car cant 'earth' properly due to the extra salt and ****. U could buy one of those attachments that go from ur rear bumper to the ground to solve this problem.

...from a very experienced radio guy, is that you can damage transistors and ICs with a high voltage belt.

^^ That is true also :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links