Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Radio

dn6aa

I've just taken my MD player out for selling. If I remember rightly:

1. Take the ash tray out, take the two screws out

2. There is another screw underneat the cig lighter

3. Pull the surround out gently, there are a few clips on it. You'll have to unclip the wires for the cig lighter and the hazard light switch

4. Once the surround is off, you can see four screws holding the stereo plate in place, take these out

5. Slide the Double Din HU out and unclip the leads form the back

6. Put your new one in, and a blank for the empty space (or just leave the CD player part of the DIN unit there to fill the hole (like I did)

7. Reverse the above to put it all back together.

You'll need a wiring adapter loom, phillips screwdriver and lot's of patience trying to get the cig lighter wires back into place :ffs:

There is a step by step picture guide somewhere... It's eays enough once you get the surround off from around the blowers and HU.

Good luck.

For searches: ' how to remove head unit stereo replace cd player double din'

Hey dn6aa, is your car a Jap or UK car? Do you have a tape player and a cd player sort off bolted together there? Do they work? May be intersted in them if they ok, at the right price.

On my old supra I wired up the antenna so I could put it up/down on comand with a toggle switch.. was fed up of it looking like a radio controlled car when I tried to listen to a cd!!

I noticed the jap spec mk3s don;t have an arial, its hidden (back screen maybe) looks loads better... I'm sure you can buy covert fit FM anennas!!

On my old supra I wired up the antenna so I could put it up/down on comand with a toggle switch.. was fed up of it looking like a radio controlled car when I tried to listen to a cd!!

With the stock double din stereo it only goes up if you switch the radio on but not if you put the CD on - which is a nice touch but not enough to save the stereo which is going very soon :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links