Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinted Windows

yaris_girl

Depends on ur insurance company but only serious engine mods and some crazy bodywork mods should make a difference! My alloys haven't had any effect but as I sed its dependant on ur insurers! :thumbsup:

Cheers Kimi. ;)

Right, as ive already said, i'm new to the whole modifying thing, so what exactly would affect the cost of insurance?

depends on your insurance company!! im with more than and they only care about performance mods, but i still have to let them know of any other major mods on the car, even if it aint performance (but it doesnt up it, jus lets them know).

Thanks for all the replys. :thumbsup:

All i was thinking of doing the now was adding a rear spoiler, side skirts, and mibbie lowering it. Not much of an idea of costs though, so its all pie in the sky at the mo. :blink:

Welcome to TOC yaris_girl!

I paid £170 to have my windows tinted in a place in Fife. It is actually a TOC member (fimmo) that did them! I had front and rears done so would prob be less if only back windows were tinted (keeping it legal).

As for styling on the car, alloy wheels are usually the first step most people take which usually leads to people lowering the car too. There are lots of guys and gals in the Yaris forums here that can answer all your specific questions about Yaris parts and the Gold membership is a great idea! Lots of discounts for different things!

ross

Cheers Kimi. ;)

Right, as ive already said, i'm new to the whole modifying thing, so what exactly would affect the cost of insurance?

Hi well my Yaris has a kenwood cd-player and 2 6 x 9 Speakers and i took the front crappy Toyota Speakers out and put in some decent kenwood Speakers in sound alot better total cost £295.

Insurance not affected

Also i put some Pi lowering springs lowered it by 40mm.

When i informed my insurance company got hit by £100 pound on top for doing it.

My next mod is to put a induction kit in looking at the pipecross i got a 1.00 L S model in artic white.

40000 on the clock T 99 Plate

I was really only looking at adding a rear spoiler, and front and side skirts the now. Can't imagine that affecting the cost of insurance much, if anything? I'm with Privilege.

Would the above modifications have to be done by a garage? Or is it possible to fit them yourself? Also, how easy is it to get hold of the right colour of paint? Mines is twilight blue.

check Halfords out for paint, but usually thats for small parts youre gona spray, sooo :unsure:

hmmmm not sure if bodykit would put insurance up or not, as it aint a performance mod! depends on insurance, ring up and ask!!

you could fit bodykit yourself as it screws into the wheel archs, HOWEVER not advisable as someone could just come along, unscrew and steal, thats whay parts are always stuck on also with high power adhesive :thumbsup:

tint film is 30-60quid, must of been a DIY job

lol i can get high quality tint film for 7quid a roll ;)

where from?

Well i am with the AA Yep Far as i know you would have to get it fitted by your garage when i got my springs i had to send my insurance company a receipt to prove the work had be done ny a garage and not a D.I.Y job.

Insurance company said the more desirable your car is the more likely to be stolen threfore higer insurance

Insurance company said the more desirable your car is the more likely to be stolen threfore higer insurance

thats true!! so when insurance companies say that all they care about is performance mods, thats crap!! lol

thats good if you are under your own name!

Im paying just below that under my mums name :angry:

i agree!!

im secondary driver, £330! if i wanted to get insured by myself on more than, £3K :ffs:

Yeah, its in my name - only had my license 3 months and im 18. B)

Currently £900 with just Pass Plus as named driver. Come March, 1 yrs NCB, 1 yrs driving (well 1yr 3 months)

Once I have 2 yrs NCB (Mar 2006) I can get a T-Sport for about £800 insurance, roughly at todays values.

hows it so cheap!!

hows it so cheap!!

She is a she and not a he!! lol :lol:

Makes a big difference!

You would be better to get a proper bodyshop to fit your sideskirts and spoiler yaris_girl as it may look tacky otherwise. It may cost you more but will definitely look better!

There are a few decent bodyshops around Scotland! :thumbsup:

Thought some of you maybe interested in this.

During the early part of 2004, Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations will be amended to include “Window Tint Films”, where such materials attached to the glass are capable of reducing the Visible Light Transmission of forward windows to below prescribed levels. These changes will be back-dated to become applicable from 1st January 2004.

This will effectively ban virtually all tinted films fitted to windows forward of the B-Post on any vehicle that is to be driven on UK roads.

The reason for these changes is the recent proliferation of vehicles that are excessively tinted. Some vehicles may be so heavily tinted that they present a real danger when used on public roads. The action being taken by the Government follows a fatality that occurred recently where a heavily tinted car was involved in a collision with a motorcycle and the window tints were held to blame due to the vision of the driver being impaired.

There is however, a recognised difference between “light window tints” which may be considered safe for road use (such as those supplied to you by Pentagon) and “excessively dark window tints” which are not.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links