Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Used On Rev 2 Turbo's

swales_p

Ok, ive just been reading a web site on mr2 turbo's and theyve put the fuel used as super unleaded. Errrrm, ive been using normal unleaded in mine, will this damage or hinder the cars performance, OR is the site telling porkies.. :help:

No but you will lose some bhp and petrol consumption Mr2 turbos HATE unleaded ;)

- Go either BHP special(?) or optimax nothing else

I have used super unleaded before its no problem i just want the car running at its full potential... but Normal Unleaded no no :eek:

at the very least use super unleaded. Normal unleaded can cause premature valve wear. BHP Ultimate and Shell Optimax are both good for tubbies, personally i find that optimax is more consistent for me but it varies across the country.

you wont have damaged it really if youve only used it for a whort while (i.e. not the whoel of the cars life!). Make sure you reset the ECU after running through a few miles of optimax - you'll then be able to use the full potential of its higher RON rating :thumbsup:

I would say go for Optimax or BP ultimate.. whatever you can get. I've never noticed any difference between the two tbh.

I have been forced to use unleaded the last few weeks because my Shell garage has magically dissapeared !!

If you are forced to use crap fuel at least put some octane boosters in it. Using Optimax etc can prevent detonation on Turbo motors.

Would it make any difference to my car if i was to reset the ecu cos i always run it on super unleaded anyway.

Bear in mind its a uk n/a

Maybe try it then cos im sure its set to run on standard unleaded...

Really want to get it rr'd to see what power its putting out,

defo more than standard anyway

yeah that would be interesting actually to see the difference. TBH I expected the N/A to feel better than what it did.

We can take both to a spot in gala if you want. A BIG car park.. usually empty. You can blat mine.. I'll blat yours.

There's a few wee straight roads around the car park also.

Lol... dont worry i wont nick it, its not clean enough for me to drive. :D

But it would make a nice valeting project...

lmao...

you cleaning freak..... move down here... we'll buy a couple of old transit vans in good condition and set up a mobile valleting company!!

It could actually work in the borders... quite a big area... nothing like it here that I know of.... mmmmm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links