Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throroughly Annoyed

corollasr

ever since i bought my car i've had no end of trouble modifying it, and i am on the verge of selling it and getting something else. the list goes as follows

head unit and Speakers, easy enough to fit but make everything rattle and shake

tints - first time round there was bad bubbling to the rear screen, took it back for free warranty repair, i get it back and one window tint is torn. they claim no responsibility and say £100 to fix

induction kit - took 8 weeks to arrive as apparently it had to be custom made (yeah right)

back box - got my nice new back box, but then the day after i get it the baffles in my centre section die and need replacing, making it sound kinda cack

been driven into twice, once by a mate, once by my dad. £500 repair both times

and finally the great brake saga. i ordered my 3G brakes thru envy performance. in all fairness to them their service is great but the suppliers are useless. i got my discs but appparently all the brake companies are devoid of pads for my car.

bearing in mind its my MOT in 2 weeks and i have illegal brakes (worn to excess) i need it all sorted.

i'm just thoroughly :censor: off.

rant over

ed

It'll all come good soon mate u'll see, things can only get better by the sounds of it! I had troubles with my car but I have got most of mine sorted now thankfully!

Chin up bud! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that ed

well if you want some to help fit your brakes (give me a yell matt did :D)

don't give up yet mate i was in the same boat as you. think about it, it's an oldish car so bits will wear out.

i have my fingers crossed for you mate :thumbsup:

nah i thik its still waiting to :censored: me over. keep getting random burning smells

tim i may well do that actually, in exchange for a few pints yeah? depends how much the guy repairing the damage to the car wants. if he's gonna be £30 then i'll use him but if more i'll come terrorise ipswich (at least i think thats where u guys live?)

ed

stick with it mate... you'll get it all sorted soon. Just everything adding up and making it seem worse than what it is. Just putting a downer on you.

nah i thik its still waiting to :censored: me over. keep getting random burning smells

tim i may well do that actually, in exchange for a few pints yeah? depends how much the guy repairing the damage to the car wants. if he's gonna be £30 then i'll use him but if more i'll come terrorise ipswich (at least i think thats where u guys live?)

ed

no worries mate

i live sudbury (about 15miles away)

i think the burning smell is a bank loan to buy my 95 celica 2.0 gt . :lol::lol::lol:

Stick with it m8...

it's always the same with modifying any car, has it's up's and down's and sometimes isn't always easy.

I have had over 3k's worth of stereo equipment go seriously wrong in the matter of month or so.

You just got to stick in there, mine is all coming good with the install well underway now, your problems will no doubt do the same :)

Get some sound proofing in there to sort out the rattles from your Speakers, if it's a problem with re-fitting the interior, sound proofing will help with that also.

As for regarding your pads, nip to your local garage and see what they can get hold of for you, uprated brake discs will work fine with standard pads.

Kev

hmmm. well any donations accepted :P

tim, will let u know. u sure that ur gonna know how to get callipers off?

ed

Nope :P

Thats why matts been so quite on TOC (only joking) i replaced matts disc's and pads for him. note i have fully restored a VW beetle (since i was 15)

it took me and matt about 2 hours for both of them in the dark

Us TOC's need to stick together :group-cuddles:

Tim :thumbsup:

the only other thing is that they have to be done weeknd of 3rd/4th october as its my MOT that week and i'm away this weekend.

u able to do that if i need u to?

ed

tim, could be a plan, will need to clear it with me dad tho, coz as he's part owner he gets a say in who sorts it. he's not a particularly trustworthy person, but sure i could swing his opinions

well i would rather kick back with a beer and watch someone else doing it :lol:

but it's all about keeping the cost down :thumbsup:

let me know what you want to do dude :thumbsup:

yeah i know what ya mean. but once its done u can sit down for a beer. will give ya a lift to the pub for a couple a pints

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links