Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Participate

breezer

Hey yaris folks, what pedals do you think would go nicely on the yaris and look nice. Please provide a link or picture please!!

Thanks

much appreciated

breezer aka south shields's wayne rooney lol :lol:

Hi Wayne, welcome to the club!

haha! lol! god im slow tonight, took me a minute to work out why you said that ^^ LOL :lol:

nice pedals, il decide when everyone submits.....well i doubt everyone will, but il decide when the topic gos totally dead!

Wanting to change my pedals aswell .. but not too sure about the fixtures and fittings on the existing pedals and how to take em off.

Ive seen those carbon sparco pedals around and they look real nice. :yes:

Just concerns me whether they'll be slippery when wet though. Hmm ... ;)

Maybe a stupid question but would you fail your MOT because you had CF pedals on..

I understand the law goes that you can replace pedals with ones similar to what are fitted at factory.

Ie if car comes with rubber pedals, you can replace them with rubber pedals....

If metal then replace with metal.....

my opinion do it in the summer leave the rubber ones on for the winter, i had the official toyota ones in my corrolla and my foot used to slip off the brake in the wet so be careful.

Wanting to change my pedals aswell .. but not too sure about the fixtures and fittings on the existing pedals and how to take em off.

Ive seen those carbon sparco pedals around and they look real nice. :yes:

Just concerns me whether they'll be slippery when wet though. Hmm ... ;)

pedals dont actually come off!! you take the rubber covers off and theres already holes in the pedals, so if you buy a set and the holes are where they are on the pedals uv bought, then your lucky and will just bolt on! otherwise you have to drill, like i did!

sounds hard but is easy!

I tried a set of the nice looking sparco ones mentioned above but found them really slippy when you're feet are wet.

I ended up getting a reasonably priced replacement set from ripspeed - they have a series of holes and a rubber liner. The rubber liner studs sit through the holes meaning you have metal pedals, but with rubber grips.

Attaching them was interesting - one of the two required holes already existed on the existing metal bits of the pedal. The other I had to drill - took a while but got there in the end. That was the case for the brake and clutch - the accelerator was harder.

The accelerator is one formed peice of metal/plastic and due to the arm being attached directly to an already small pedal - the options for bolting were non existing. So I ended up using a much smaller drill bit to make the holes and effectively !Removed! in the fixing bolts - without nuts.

Not too impressed with this, but its been over a month with no sign of any trouble so far and I have driven a lot.

The nice thing is that I can just unbolt/unscrew the whole lot and put the rubbers back on if I need to for an MOT - hope this helps?

Clarky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links