Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6th Gen Celica Gt Cold Idle

steve34gb

My UK 6th Gen Celica 2.0 gt idles initially at 2000rpm when cold dropping to 1500 and finally 850rpm.

After the car is left for a few hours after a run and the engine has cooled down it will start at 2000rpm again but drop a lot quicker as the engine warms.

I took the car to Toyota where they told me this was normal and that they have got a fast cold idle. They also did a diagnostic test which showed no errors.

The car used to have a slower idle when cold ( around 1200rpm) it was after I had a full service that this problem seems to have started. The service wasn't carried out by Toyota but the garage that serviced it told me there was no way they could have altered the cold idle speed.

Has anyone else had a similar problem if so how is it remedied and is it possible to slow this initial cold idle speed down ????

Dunno if i'd call it a problem mate, mine does exactly the same and every info i've found says that the cold idle should start at 2000.

maybe your service sorted out a low idle problem :D

Same thing on my 87 GT. My !Removed! "mechanic" friend believes it's a fuel problem, but I've been told numberous times it's normal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links