Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Reset The Ecu?

swales_p

ive tried this soooo many times... and people say that it should start with a splutter and spatter with an erattic idle until it sorts itself out..

as soon as i start my car it acts normal.. no problems with the idle at all..

Ive removed all the !Removed! fuses for 10 min and tapped the brake pedal and clicked my heels 3 times with still no magic!...

it starts fine.. :ffs:

lol yeah mine too,

maybe i`ll just try removing the neutral from the battery overnight,...supposedly that does it too? :wacko:

yeah...let me know how it goes.... :lol:

lol yeah mine too,

maybe i`ll just try removing the neutral from the battery overnight,...supposedly that does it too?  :wacko:

haha, u do it first! :D

lol yeah mine too,

maybe i`ll just try removing the neutral from the battery overnight,...supposedly that does it too?  :wacko:

haha, u do it first! :D

My car is booked into Well Lane Turbo on Monday to get the safe boost problem looked at.. so i will hold off the removal of the Battery just yet... :P

Ok im confused!!!!! the efi fuse is in the rear fuse box found in the engine bay BUT there's no such thing as a ef fuse on this car. Ive looked in the front and back. The only one resembling anything to do with the ecu in the front box is the ecu b (7.5a) is that the other fuse i dissconect?

Cheers :thumbsup:

there is no ef fuse cos theres no such thing as an ef fuse! The only fuses you really need to pull out are the EFI and the ECU fuse. Both are in the fuse box in the engine bay. I think one of them is one of those big round metal fuses...it gets very hot!! :ffs:

fizz mate hope you get that prob sorted out tomorrow! youre missing out on the real boost power!

fizz mate hope you get that prob sorted out tomorrow! youre missing out on the real boost power!

Im still pushin a healthy 238.5bhp mate... at .5bar of boost... so i aint missing out on that much..

veilside_mr2 - My car wont boost over .5 Bar... been told thats the 'safe' boost level that the tubby uses when the car is cold as to prevent major damage to the turbo.

One fully at operational temp.. it should go up to .8 or .9 Bar... and should push me up to the 260ish mark... ;)

So ive booked her in for an hours labour at Well Lane and see if they can come up with the solution... narrowed it down to either a knock sensor or the actuator..(i think) :unsure:

I think one of them is one of those big round metal fuses...it gets very hot!! :ffs:

erm... can anyone confirm this? :blink:

DeusMR2 there is an efi fuse in the front compartment too near the battery :P

doh! but when i reset mine both fuses were in the engine bay. Idle got really messed up afterwards but it sorted itself out after about 10mins driving. The idle messing up is a sure sign that youve pulled the right fuses :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links