Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Happened To Me Before..

JappyBeast

Well I have pretty much been depressed leading up to my ill fated MOT, I even got it into my head that the MR2 would be off the road for a few months while I saved for the bill...

Well took her in this morning, phoned the garage at 4pm to find out the damage and the woman told me it passed!!!

Like with NO WORK AT ALL!!

This is a first for me and not bad for a 13 year old car.

£28 all in!

so thats money going towards my new wheels I think!

I am so happy right now. :D :D :D :D

Congrats mate!

I have mine in less than a week. I hope Im just as lucky. Could really do without the hassle and cost at the moment I can tell you :(

nice one mate... luckily I have to wait about 10months before I have another one... :)

Only had to replace the odd bit and bob from the steering rack for the last one. Not too hard on the old pockets.

do they not ??

I dunno..... lol

I failed the first one... so do I not need to pay for that one ? Only the one you pass??

I dunno man !!!!! ...... lol.

most garages i know will fail it and then if you fix it in an alloted time you are able to come back for a re-test on the offending area and thats it!

only paying once

Mine goes in on Tuesday next week and I guess it's confession time!

My wife drives the Toyota and I've got a F**d Mo***o 2.0 Zetec. :ph34r:

So you can all slate me now and be done.

All I will say in defence is that my mate owns a Franchise (F**d) and I picked up this V reg with 19,000 genuine miles on it for £3000 last year. Sad thing is I can't fault it and now it's still only got 25000 on the clock and mint so I can't justify getting rid of it for a bit.

well it was MOT day for me today.....................................

Apparently the car 'flew through the test' :thumbsup:

Can it be that I actually had good luck for once? Nah the cars just in good nick LOL

Hmmm luckily I can wait til April for Yaz's MOT.... but I got a feeling that my tyres will be illegal before then :P oops

Well done Jappy :thumbsup:

Although I don't understand you guys getting worried about MOT's :unsure:

I mean if you drive your car on the road - it should be road legal and therefore sail through the MOT.

Now obviously with a few selectively chosen mods, the MOT tester can be a bit of an *****, but if you prepare your car before - you should have no problem.

Then on the other hand if you know your car is not road legal - why are you driving it on the road in the first place?

If it fails the MOT then it should be a god-send as to let you know so you can get it sorted. It could also tell you that your mechanics are charging you for things they haven't done - which happened to me a long time in the past (With Ford)!

When my Corolla failed it's MOT it was because of rusted brakelines that I had no idea about. TBH, I am glad it was picked up - you can imagine the consequenses if brake fluid started p!ss!ng out all over the place while driving :o

If you go to decent garages for MOT's, re-tests are free within a defined period of time.

I was pretty sure my car was fine but having had plenty of run-in's with conmen in the past I was expecting the worst.

But when you send your car in for its MOT, you dont know if the bushes and things like that are ok or not.. its not like you intentionally drive your car if its not road worthy..

But when you send your car in for its MOT, you dont know if the bushes and things like that are ok or not..

:thumbsup:

That's why I'm all for MOT's and it's kinda what I was meaning earlier

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links