Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Tiptronic 6 Speed Box Q's

ScoobySTi

:help:

First post on here so be gentle please!

I'm looking at bringing in an Altezza RS200Zltd but due to changes in the import laws it looks like there is only a model report for the tiptronic versions of the car.

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of this system, whether it has any reliabilty issues or if its basically any good for day to day driving. Seems like a great toy when you look at it from the "playstation" point of view, but have never owned an auto before so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dougie :thumbsup:

I don't know much about the boxes themselves, except that when I was looking at FTO's I was told to avoid the cars with Tiptronic boxes. It might just be that FTO with them fitted were a little "slower" than ones with manual boxes.

It might be worth investigating the boxes on the FTO site as they are the most common cars with them fitted: FTOC Club Linky Here

HTH :thumbsup:

Is this a move away from Scooby for you? If so why? (If you don't mind me asking)

:thumbsup:

Cheers matey,

Sellin the scoob as I've had it nearly 6 years, plus need to cut costs down slightly and its an expensive car to run. Its been superb tho, I would recommend one to anybody, only parts that have "broken" (not wear n tear items) are the lower alloy wishbone arms, but thats more to do with our roads than the parts themselves.

When you say slower do you mean just acceleration times? I'm not really bothered about that, but if there is a definite "lag" when changing gear like an auto box then I think that would bother me.

Cheers Dougie

Ps System G my car is here: http://hometown.aol.co.uk/douglasfrood/SubaruPictures.html

If your interested :bookworm:

Welcome bud...dont know much about anything really :lol: ...but my mates dad bought the C2 VTR (not much of a comparrison i know) with the paddle shift and he absolutely hated it...he said it was just too slow changing between gears and therefore he hated the performance of the car...he swapped it within 2-3 months for the VTS with the manual box and loves it... :thumbsup:

Sweet scooby by the way...very tidy

Welcome to the site :)

FTO is a completely different car, each tiptronic system is different.

Have you tried the Lexus Owners Site? they might have a little more info on the Altezza.

Altezza thislink will take you straight to the section on your new car.

p.s. glad to see you current car is a good one.

System~G, there you go, an owner who says scoobies don't break down every week. :P

Thanks folks,

Nicola, thanks,just registered on that site and asked the same question. Take it you have heard bad reports about scoobs? All the people I know that have owned Subarus have been quite happy with them, only grumble seems to be fuel consumption (but no point in wanting 280ps then complaining about 18-20mpg!)

I bought my car with 30k on the clock, its now done 110k and can honestly say its only needed the repairs mentioned above. Its the reason I am now looking at the altezza as I just cant see past jap cars anymore.

Cheers

Dougie

System~G has a problem with the scoobs.

I like them (would have explained in more detail but you can't receive private messages yet).

:)

<_< Ahh,Oh well,

Each to their own I suppose, its what makes car discussions good fun. Can only speak from experience...went from owning VW's for years to the scoob and its by far the best car for practicality vs performance n reliabilty that I have owned.

Dougie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links