Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Protective Strips

SilverT4

Hi, I've just nipped across from the Prius forum, as my missus has just taken delivery of a Yaris Blue 5 door (Its nearly as good as my Prius). I notice the Yaris has a couple of body coloured strips stuck on the rear doors and panels. Presumably some sort of protective strip. Never seen anything like this on a new car before. Do all Yaris's have them and what the purpose ?

Difficult to say. They appear body coloured, but they could be clear with the paint colour showing through. The stone chip protection is an interesting theory, but they don't seem to in an area where stone chips would be a problem.

well on my yaris it has clear strips on it. bought it a couple of months ago second hand. and if i remember right the dealer told me they were there to stop scuff marks and the like. could be wrong was a while ago now! if they are the same as on my car i think there should be some on the door at the bottom (possibly the top never really gone into much detail in looking for them) and near the rear wheel arch at the bottom. i ll have a check!

There are clear stickers in front of the rear arch and behind the front doors (on my 3dr). This is because when you go round corners the tyres obviously stick out and all the stones get thrown towards the side of the car.

Yeah, stone protection, I think, but they are both very strange shapes. After I had a new offside rear quarter panel put on my car (that's right, somone bent my motor) I realised the bodyshop hadn't put the 'stickers' on that panel. 10 months on and not a single mark. I might get around to removing those that remain on the nearside.

Some people even think they are scratches at first glance!

i think theyre pointless really if theyre colour coded!! because they can still get chipped/scratched and will need repainting if you wish :blink:

stone chip protectors! for -as said- when the wheels are on lock

a brilliant idea if i do say so myself!

and the colour coding stops having a huge ugly black blob or something there!

Aye chip protection. The original yaris didn't have them...and owners complained about excessive marking, and thus these plastic films were introduced.

You don't see them on other motors often as their paint work is usually better!

Yari's paint is pap, and chips really easily.

Vipes

i keep seeing Tsports with plastic strips down the doors? whats going on there mine aint got em + it looks crap :)

I don't know why ANY car has these door protectors...as it's these that cause the dents in other people's motors, as the edges are sharp.

If we all had clean shaven sides, there would be less door prangs as everyone would take more care.

Attitude is...I've got door protectors, I can open my door an smack it against the one next to me as much as I like...won;'t harm my door... etc etc

Different models cars have these strips at different heights...so there not much point.

As for the T-sports having them they are optional you can buy a Toyota Protection pack..usually get rear mudflaps and those silly bumper protectors too.

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links