Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Electrics Problem (earth)

hope4pot

hi ive recently bought a mr2 mk 2 1991 g reg mr2 with 150 on the clock ive only just had to replace the clutch at the cost of £290 which i though wasnt to bad ive got another problem which i carnt seem to solve every time i drive the car after a few mins the volt meter goes of the scale amd the radio turns itself off all the engine warning lights come on every now and again when this happens but not every time, i have to back off the accellorator for the volt level to lower but it still doesnt return to normal as it was when i first bought the car a few people have mentioned it might be an earth problem but this has not help any advice would be good, thanks alot

possibly an earth problem yes, best to get to a auto electrician so they can test the car for 'continuity'

possible the voltage regulator on the alternator may have gone mental aswell?

I'm in cleethorpes too, you can see my car in my sig.

What colour and reg is your MR2? I've seen a couple of yellow ones about and a nice white rev3.

John.

PS. You mountain bike too? Just going form your name.... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links