Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-cat Power Increase?

veilside_mr2

Whilst gettin my new turbo fitted today ive found out that my car still had the cat.

Now its gonna be removed with the new downpipe what sorta power increases would I expect from this? bearing in mind i`ll be runnin 15psi on the gt28rs turbo? will it make a big difference? also he said that it will make the boost increase automatically (im using solenoids)...is this true?

dont know too much as far as turbo's are concerned but i know de-cat can give you up to 9% power increase, on a modded car it normally makes up for mods like big that have taken the edge off ya motors speed if thats any help? :ph34r:

Damn....your gonna be really moving along!!

Removing the car & replacing the DP will provide a pretty big HP increase compared to most other mods.....you will see anywhere between 2-5 rwhp at least, not to mention it will spool up like a mother!! Hope ya got some good boost control ;) it will hit 15 psi in no time & as the rev's get higher (and in higher gears) your bound to see a lot more than that. What are you doing regarding a wastegate??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

gt spec turbos... nice!

just out of intrest do you guys change the engine management on these big bhp mr2s? or do you just chip+live map them?

have you ever heard of autronic management? works verywell with the gt spec turbos!

Big difference with de-cat pipe (Aussie pipe includes improved turbo elbow too). You'll wish it had been done sooner. Notice more so at the top end.

The weight saving alone is laughable. The stock CAT comes in around 20~odd kilos... the Aussie pipe is just a few kilos!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links