Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Gtspec Exhaust

Mister2

just wondering, has anyone got this exhaust fitted? im trying to find a high flow exhaust with a straight back design. the muffler shops wont do it for me here. if you do have it on your car, does it eliminate the cat/resonators? thanks.

the cats in the downpipe on JDM cars that we all have in the UK, so assuming yours are the same you could get a down pipe to loose your cat, I have an apexi hyabusa pipe and it goes in an almost straight line out the back of the car.

for downpipes see extremeboost or the uk mr2oc club store, they sell the same 3" bore downpipes. The club store also actually sells apexi GT exhausts so you could probably get a deal on shipping.

heres a pic of my hyabusa

apexihya.JPG

thanks. i think my cat is located somewhere else. well, unless mr2s have more than one cat. ohh ya.. one more question. does the apexi power intake have an intake adapter plate for the rev1/2 mr2s?

what does your apexi sound like steve?

with silencer in quiet as stock, except on boost then jet engine like.

Silencer out, damn loud, very much like a WRX with a scooby sport full system.

sorry to hijack the thread but whilst on this subject,...

is there any brand of dual exit zorst that sounds like a scooby (cos i do love that sound)!

i assume the mongoose doesnt as peeps have never mentioned the sound being THAT loud.

is there any brand of dual exit zorst that sounds like a scooby (cos i do love that sound)!

i assume the mongoose doesnt as peeps have never mentioned the sound being THAT loud.

Scooby's only make that sound as they are a horizontally opposed 4 pot engine (boxer-4). I believe the distinctive Scooby 'burble' disappears when fitting a de-catted straight through system anyway!... is a lovely sound though. If they could box the sound up into a tin, they'd sell a million! :lol:

that apexi hayabusa looks good!

when i get my '2 ill be going for a single exit zorst and that looks the ticket!

(was originally interested in the blitz NUR spec???)

does the apexi come with a 'muffle bung' thing

here's a picture of the apexi gt spec i just bought from jap land, should be here by the end of the week

apexi%20gts.jpg

will need a bit of spit and polish to make it blingin again :D

your hayabusa exhaust looks good! i might be in the market for that. does it have 3inch piping? im pretty sure its an imported part huh. the reason im looking for single exit exhaust is so the turbo could breathe better. i dont want the restrictions of small pipes, a cat/resonators, or even a second muffler tip it has to go out of.

your hayabusa exhaust looks good! i might be in the market for that. does it have 3inch piping? im pretty sure its an imported part huh. the reason im looking for single exit exhaust is so the turbo could breathe better. i dont want the restrictions of small pipes, a cat/resonators, or even a second muffler tip it has to go out of.

3 inch down pipe back :)

you can pick them up from the states or japan or if you want to save yourself the hassle and pay slightly more. try tbdevelopments in the uk

Fella

If you want the burbling noise you need to run a flat 4 engine and also have apposing exhaust manifold lengths.

You can get a slight burble, like on mine with a stainless steel manifold, but the reason why the scooby sounds like it does is that the manifolds on both sides are different lengths so entering the exhaust at different times, thus gasses are hitting each other creating the burble

HTH :thumbsup:

havn't looked at my tubby manifold yet but on n/as they are different lengths cylinder no 1 pipe is about 3 - 4 inches longer than the other 3 that are equal.

The tubby does burble tho, not as much as a scooby but never the less its there :)

The tubby does burble tho, not as much as a scooby but never the less its there :)

Mine burbles too ive even heard it pop one or twice... sounds cool when it happens

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links