Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lcd

Ismael

Hiya,

after my install of the CD changer with VCD module, I was planning to add an LCD. By chance, I got 1 from a friend for a good price last week :D . I had it installed. It is a bit thick but it does not matter for me. I have made a stand with thick cardboard ;) onto which I have fixed the screen. I will then make the stand from aluminium. The cardboard stand is only temporary! The LCD can play TV channels also beside the VCD. The sound of the VCD plays onto my installed speaker system and sub. While the TV channels sound plays onto the built in Speakers of the LCD.

So as u may wish, here are some pics:

lcd1.jpg

lcd2.jpg

Regards

Ismael

Sweet, ive got a 8" touch screen in my T sport, running a pc and PS2. we've just been driving round borrowing peoples broadband connections :P

you got any piccies of that mate?

i been planning on making one for a while, but haveno idea how much it would cost etc...

Hiya,

Matt:

The gauges are for temperature and humidity. I will have to change their location soon coz with my rmp gauge coming, I will have to arrange all these gauges in some cute way :thumbsup:

RFvitz:

I will try to get some close up pics of how I mounted it as soon as possible and will post them in this forum topic.

Thx for your reviews

Ismael

Hiya,

Matt:

The gauges are for temperature and humidity

Humidity, thats one i've never heard of! :o how'd you wire them both up??

I Fancy getting some gauges but dont have a clue how to wire them up! (only the sending bits...the powers pretty straightforward to wireup)

Any chance of some pics where the wires go to??

Thanx!

Matt

Hiya,

Matt:

I bought these gauges right away when I saw there was no control wiring needed!! It has sensors built in in terms of coils etc. These sense the temp and humidity in the car and the coils (I think) expand or contract to move the needle. It is not 100% accurate nor that professional but as a tuning part, it does the job!! :D

As promised, some pics of how I installed the LCD:

Note: the hard cardboard will be replaced by aluminium of the same dimension in some days...but the fixation idea is the same. I wanted an easy way to remove my LCD for days when I will have to park in not too secure places !! An LCD on the dash will be quite appealing to people and can excite them to steal :wacko:

The board slips in between as shown. I have moved the cardboard out so that u can see where it goes. When it is tucked inside, it stays firmly...no dancing of the LCD etc

lcd3.jpg

lcd4.jpg

lcd5.jpg

lcd6.jpg

lcd7.jpg

Regards to all

Ismael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links