Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Seal Problem

poshps

I have recently bought a new 1.3 T Spirit 5 door (and love it to bits)

But I have a problem with the passenger door window seal in the respect of, every time I raise the glass to the top (shut position) it "bellies" the top of the rubber seal out about 3-4 mm.

I have been back to Toyota and have noticed that it only seems to occur on the front windows of the 5 door versions (the 3 door seems ok).

All that the Toyota garage did was to glue it down but as soon as I raised the glass again it prised the rubber away from the glue and I was back where I started with a 3-to-4mm gap.

The garage seem at a loss at what to do and are saying they are waiting for a solution from Toyota technical, but this does not seem to be forth coming!

Has anyone else had this problem and has had it remedied or are they telling me the truth?

Thanks in advance.

i seem to remember from reading previous posts that there is a known problem with the seals on the yaris. just do a quick search you may find out that way.

chris

Yes this is a well known problem with Yari' and I have had a couple replaced by Toyota on Warranty.

Your garrage should realy have known that themselves though!

Yes this is a well known problem with Yari' and I have had a couple replaced by Toyota on Warranty.

Your garrage should realy have known that themselves though!

Robie, when you got them replaced did it fix the problem completely?

The garage in question is aware that there is a problem in that area but they dont know what to do and wont proceed untill they are told by Toyota (which will never happen)

Sorry I didnt read your post correctly.

The fault appears over a period of time // maybe a year and a half

The window seal starts coming away from the door and a gap starts appearing.

noticed this problem when I had my first car ( a 1999 1.0 auto) you notice increased wind noise at highway speeds.

with my second car (a 2001 1.5 sportivo), it occured again and I had it replaced under warranty in 2003. Noticed the repalceed seal was of different construction. While the wind leak was resolved, it did not fix the distortion of the seal at the top rear corner of the door. :ffs:

The problem on my car is confined to just the front passenger door (so far) and it appears the seal "bellies" out when the glass is hard up in the "closed position".

If the glass was to stop, say 1-2 mm lower it would not "belly" out the seal.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the window motor/glass lifting mechanism that will do this?

The drivers window glass does not go up as far into the rubber seal and so does not "belly" it out like the passenger side.

I have no problem with wind noise or water leakage on this drivers door so imo it would be ok for the passenger door glass not go up as far into the seal, if this was possible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links