Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toms

Markturbo

i like the look of the toms air scoop on the mr2 i was just wondering if it gives any performance gains or is it just mainly for styling it would be on a tubby with apexi induction kit

where is the best place to purchase this from and where is a good place to get some rev3 rear lights and centre panel ;)

styling only, if they are original and complete supposed to come with a bottom section that will box in and induction kit for n/a's then they are for performance.

If you do like them I have one for sale.

Steve, you're wrong mate. They're not purely for asthetic reasons. They channel cold air directly over the induction kit (be it N/A or turbo). The performance gain would be very small, and at high rpm, but ANY increase in colder denser air to the induction side will make a difference.

PM me if you're interested Mark.

The Tom's scoops were originally designed for NA MR2s... and they went straight into a specially designed airbox. They were functional like this.

It is arguable that they are functional when not used in conjunction with the proper airbox.

If you just put the scoop on, you actually get air turbulance when the air coming in from the side pod and top meet. As you know, disturbed and turbulant air is not good for direct air induction.

If you just put the scoop on, you actually get air turbulance when the air coming in from the side pod and top meet. As you know, disturbed and turbulant air is not good for direct air induction.

I heard this too thats why i never bought a scoop plus it looks funny :)

I know that the scoop sits right above where my K&N is, I know its not directed into the induction kit but cold air into the engine bay cant be a bad thing.

I wouldn't say fitting a TOM's scoop is a bad thing... don't get me wrong... but I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links