Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aaaaarrgh

houston

noticed a pool of coolant under my car this morning, took it straight to mates to get it on ramp and its a right pig to get to, its just in front of the engine/interior heat shield, its a metal pipe which looks like im gonna have to take away half the car to get to it! just what i need :ffs:

does anyone know if this metal pipe could be for air con? if it is could i just leave it to drain without affecting anything else cos i dont bother with it.

Sounds like on of the "B@stard pipes from hell" .. it's a part of the heater matrix ..

and an expensive job to get replaced as it's fuel tank out ..

yep that sounds right, wouldnt be anything easy <_< do u know how much the pipe is and if its a job i could manage?

I've heard details of "not much change from £600" .. and that's from Cheap indipendant garages who know what they are doing ..

Is it a/c related? I've had pretty much every 'usual' MR2 problem over the years (and some unusual ones - rusty sills!) but don't remember this, certainly don't remember any £600 bills :o

600! for a bit metal! i might just get it bodged if its gonna cost that much, i dont mind trying it myself but id like to know how much the pipe itself is and whether its a pro job

you *can* get a bit of hose to replace the broken pipe .. few hours labour and a who load easier ..

I've heard details of "not much change from £600" .. and that's from Cheap indipendant garages who know what they are doing ..

Had mine replaced last year with stainless...

...lighter by £900 :eek:

...lighter by £900 

:o i'll do it myself and save a bit, let mate look at it and his first words were NO, NO, and F**K OFF IM NOT DOING IT!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links