Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Question....

Jimlad

I dont know mate but it sound right to me,

just make sure you dont get tempted to up the boost too much

or you'll break it ;)

A CT20b in resonable nick is good for a constant 18psi and upto 22 roughly......go hard!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

On rev 1 standard internals, without WI at least, very brave is all i'm gonna say and leave it at that :help:

On rev 1 standard internals, without WI at least, very brave is all i'm gonna say and leave it at that :help:

Actually injectors & fuel pump are one thing I forgot he will need....type 1 internals are sweet though.

300rwhp is very attainable without any mechanical upgrades to the short block or head. Try out the GT28RS, Greddy Side Mount IC, Aeromotive FPR and perhaps a Stand Alone EMS if you can afford it, if not an Apexi AFC will do. You will achieve full boost by 3K RPM and 300rwhp by 20psi. Your next worry would likly be head gasket issues if any.

http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/primers.htm

+

Bigger turbo

Fuel upgrades

Tuning

Peice of cake ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Something to aim for ;)

He took his time, researched his project, saved his money, and did excellent mechanical work. I did the tuning, 95% on the STREET, and 1.5hrs on the dyno.

Specs are as follows:

-all stock unopened block

-272 intake, 264 exhaust cams (degreed)

-Precision SC61 Turbo: .63 exhaust housing with 76 trim turbine wheel

-modified SFP Tubular exhaust manifold

-HKS 40mm wastegate

-ST205 Air to water intercooler

-Ross Intake Manifold

-70mm BBK Mustang TB

-Hydra Nemesis

-85lb injectors

-Hux fuel rail

-Spec Stage 5 sintered iron disk clutch (cross your fingers) and fidanza flywheel

-Motor mount inserts

The dynometer plots, BOTH at 19psi on 93 octane PUMP gas, ice water (10deg C) versus regular water (30deg C), 3rd gear, STD correction (SAE was 405rwhp):

400rwhp.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

yeah.... lol

I think I'll get the CT20b sometime in the near future. Then next year get some engine work done and also get an uprated Stage3 CT20b Turbo. Should see me good for 360bhp.

Nice sensible streetable turbo.... :D

A Stage3 CT26 will produce more power than a stage3 CT20b, due to larger ports, that dont have to be machine as much + it will be cheaper.

Just my 2p's worth

:thumbsup:

A Stage3 CT26 will produce more power than a stage3 CT20b, due to larger ports, that dont have to be machine as much + it will be cheaper.

Just my 2p's worth

Im still not convinced an upgraded CT26 is better than a CT20b....IMO the exhaust housing is what is restrictive and sux CT26's. The CT20b has a much better flowing exhaust side, allowing the compressor(which is pretty similar to a 46 clip anyway) to flow air all the way to redline and not crap out at 5500 rpm's. NO upgraded CT26, that has the stock exhaust housing will ever pull to 7000rpm's.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Im still not convinced an upgraded CT26 is better than a CT20b....IMO the exhaust housing is what is restrictive and sux CT26's. The CT20b has a much better flowing exhaust side, allowing the compressor(which is pretty similar to a 46 clip anyway) to flow air all the way to redline and not crap out at 5500 rpm's. NO upgraded CT26, that has the stock exhaust housing will ever pull to 7000rpm's.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Kiwi

A TurboForce stage 2 Hybrid CT26 with push you all the way to 7250 revs at 1 bar constantly.

When I first got the turbo back I was hitting the REV limiter in 3rd and 4th not expecting it to pull all the way, but it did.

I got this through Hyper Sports Racing, who will confirm that the CT26 stage 2 from TurboForce will produce better goods than the CT20b.

Sorry

Just re-read your post. I know what your saying, the CT26 does run out of puff at aroung 6250 revs but the actual ports/housing blowing more air into the IC pipes. Thats why with a CT26 you get the kick up your a$$ when you floor it, unlike the CT20b where its gradual!

:lol:

does anyone know much about the Borgwarner t3-t04e 46 trim stage II turbo ??

The T04E, is good for upto about 400/450 HP I think. I know the T40R is good for about 700/750HP

What sort of power are you going for Jim.

Can I recommend you check out the IHI VF series turbos. They use them on the Scoobies and have very very quick spool up.

If you looking for about 350HP I would chose a VF series turbo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links