Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To T-bar Or Not To T-bar

robbo516

ok guys after talkin to a couple of people i know, one who has a tubby and one who had a tubby and both have had n/a's i have decided that me gettin a tubby would be a disaster due to the amount of petrol i go through in a clio 16v!!!

i used to have a uk tbar and loved it and had the roof off at any opportunity i could, but as its winter and they have a tendancy to leak, i cant make my mindup between a tin-top or a tbar

can u guys plz list the pros and cons of havin a tbar over a tin-top and vice-versa plz, ive done a search but didnt really find much!

But then the summer comes round again and garanteed you'll pass an MR2 with the roof off. Guy/gal inside looking well cool.

Think about the feeling you'll have just at that point *shudder*

IIRC tintops are all jap imports which means ++ insurance for no real reason as you're buying NA anyway.

UK models have a sun roof which can also be taken out and stowed for summer driving... but it's still not quite the same as a T-bar.

get a t-bar! if ur tbar is like me the passenger will only get the occasional leak lol!

gotta say i prefer the standard sunroof, imo keeps the lines of the car looking more sporty and doesnt leak (and yea i know before people say u can fix them i just couldnt be ubikd with the hassle, just put your windows down :P )

the 2 sounds hella lot better with t-ops off... especially in tunnels :drool:

But how often do u get to use it in this country? a few months <_<

the 2 sounds hella lot better with t-ops off... especially in tunnels  :drool:

yep and trust me its worth it :thumbsup:

the 2 sounds hella lot better with t-ops off... especially in tunnels  :drool:

yep and trust me its worth it :thumbsup:

Mowahahahahahaha!!! Yep... great noise in a tunnel.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR...ptish...ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR...ptish... you know the rest!!!

Mine doesn't leak. Look after it well and keep the rubbers supple.

:thumbsup::lol:

gotta say i prefer the standard sunroof, imo keeps the lines of the car looking more sporty and doesnt leak (and yea i know before people say u can fix them i just couldnt be ubikd with the hassle, just put your windows down :P )

i second that, uk sunroof much better, cleaner lines, doesn't look 80's trans-AM, doesn't leak and isn't poser, stiffer, lighter.. no arguement really.

got to be tbar all the way, an mr2 is a posers car and itll get more looks with a t bar, leaks easy sorted (mine 14 yrs old and not a drop) covers will stop the greenhouse effect in your car, dont agree about them spoiling lines of car but to each their own. but look at it this way, theres been people whove owned sunroof version and went to t bar, but once youve tried it you never go back!

a question now, do all tbars have front and rear strut braces as standard or are mine aftermarket?

I had my roof of on new years day.. mine is off as much as I can all year round.. just put the blowers on and wear a jacket.. its a thrilling drive.

Never looked back after opting for the T-bar.

yeah once you got the air running through you head, and the noise of the lump behind you its enough to make ne one cream! also because its got the back bit its a bit warmer than a convertable.....and you can have them off neday its not raining!

t-bar you wont look back!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links