Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Couple Of Headunit Questions

jaxx

ok so when i get the car i will be transplanting my single DIN alpine screen into the dash.

one thing id like to ask about that is... does the mr2 use the ISO mounting holes so you 'bolt' the HU into the dash or does it utalise the safety cage??

also being as it has a double din slot does that mean ill be able to use an Omori DIN sized gauge panel underneath the headunit??

cheers

:thumbsup:

The stereo bolts in mate and leaves you with a single din space

above or below the stereo depending on how you mount it.

You will need to buy a wiring harness too mate unless its already had one fitted.

These are 32 quid from halfrauds :thumbsup:

anything else Rob ??

It's all easy when you rip out the origional stuff and use good wires and proper amps ;)

can do while im here (got quite a few ICE q's TBH may aswell get them in...)

all OE stuff will be binned

looking at 17cm comps for the doors and dash (if they fit and is there a speaker already on the dash)???

13cm coaxials for the rear, i know its not 100% necessary but seems a shame to waste two channels on my amp and the power of Dolby 5.1 for me DVDs :D

amp mounting.... wheres the best place?? was thinking of making a little install build in the boot so i can mount the amp, changer, SATNAV and games console. as i doubt ill cram it all in the front :lol:

sub box... ill be using my Alpine 10'' Type R. Believe i need a special shapped sub box as opposed to the normal one. is that a custom job or available on the market??

wires... whats the best way to feed them down the car?? ie under sill plates etc etc??

should be it for now...

Right .. no Speakers in the dash .. Amps need to be in the front really .. close to the Battery and then the wires don't have to go through the engine bay.

The Sub box is just a reversed normal box really - so the sub is on the sloping face of the box .. most people build custom boxes ..

I've got power cables running down one door sill and the speaker cables down the other door sill .. then thinks like my AVCR etc down the middle .. trying to cut out on interferance ..

good point

ive seen installs in the front of MR2's before

how hard is that??

not after anything flash, just want stuff to be neat and tidy

not too hard .. if you bin the spare .. it's amazing what you can fit in there (Spare, trolley jack, 2 axle stands, tool kit, 2 doss bags) ..

Or a few amps and a PS2 ;)

ill go for the amps and ps2.............soon to be x-box :lol:

hmm will have a look when i get it.......

when you thinking of getting your '2 Jaxx ?

in the very near future fella ;)

youll be impressed with the colour jim :D

when you thinking of getting your '2 Jaxx ?

in the very near future fella ;)

youll be impressed with the colour jim :D

..... curious now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links