Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rip Corolla

TOYMOTA

It's one thing after another with me. :ffs: :ffs:

I have now gone and basicly written off my GTI. :crybaby::crybaby: See below.

I went into the back of a lorry this morning on the way to work. For me it's the end of the line on this Rolla, although I am bidding for one on eBay at the mo.

Chances are that in 4-5 days I will be breaking her up for parts. (depends if I win the bidding for the eBay Rolla) Stuff available will be alomost anything undamaged:

Mint front wings, Mirrors, Tailgate without a speck of rust on, clear rear lights, diamond front bumper indicator lenses, O/S side light, wheels (15" Fox), rear bumper, radiator, Brembo grooved front disks (put on 1 week before JAE this year), all interior, and all other easily removable parts from engine, and anything else you can think of. Email JBODD1@yahoo.co.uk

DSC01031.jpg

sorry to hear that mate. damage doesnt look too severe mainly bonnet, bumper and lights. ring fennies see how much they want for the bits and do it all up

Sorry to hear about it mate :(

I am nearly done de-rusting mine - needed loads of filler and the likes, just need to spray it up now.

BUT... As we all know once the rust in in it aint coming out so if you can't fix yours for whatever reason, I am keen on both front wings, rear hatch door (with/without glass and spoiler) and a slight possibility on the P/S pump too (very unlikely) - please mail me with what you want for them - I could possibly collect to save on courier/delivery.

The bar that sits in front of the Rad that the lights etc are attached to is all buckled back. The rad aint broken though. Can't open the bonnet either. Will have to crowbar it at some point.

This is the 3rd time i've had front end damage to it in the last 14 months, this being the only time it was my fault. So I think i've had all Fenny's Red parts and can't afford to get em all painted!

The reason why I don't think i'm gunna fix it is that it was gunna fail its MOT as the rear arches are mega rusty underneath, and it's within 30cm of the shocks either side, also I know the N/S track rod end has gone and the handbrake hardly works at all.

It all adds up to too much £ for my bank account.

G, I should know waht i'm doing with it all by Sunday afternoon when the auction has finished. All depends whether I get this other Rolla or not!

Mate, if it's any consolation or help in any way, after my Corolla is sprayed up she might be up for sale. It looks like my bank account does not allow the running of two cars. And because my other car is solely for company use (newer 52 plate). the corrola will have to go :crybaby:

BUT if I can successfuly get money from companies that owe, then the rolla will stay in the family :)

Just an option for you to ponder if the auction don't work out for you. :thumbsup:

Mate, if it's any consolation or help in any way, after my Corolla is sprayed up she might be up for sale. It looks like my bank account does not allow the running of two cars. And because my other car is solely for company use (newer 52 plate). the corrola will have to go :crybaby:

BUT if I can successfuly get money from companies that owe, then the rolla will stay in the family :)

Just an option for you to ponder if the auction don't work out for you. :thumbsup:

Okay mate, PM me the details (price, milage etc). Is it the TVIS or NON-TVIS model?

Sorry to hear bout the crash, my car looked in a worser state than yours and I got it fixed. Your choice anyhow, if your after another twinny take your time and make sure you don't get a rottted one.

A white minter only done 60000 miles with FTSH in the Autotrader for £1595 today.

Anyway good luck,

P.s Could be interested in some parts if scrapping the car

BASH

OH NO!

...And it's one of the First GTi's every made.

...And i'd given you that Body panel address for your rear arches.

...And it's been with you a few years.

Seriously I do understand what you mean though. To be honest when I read about your corroded rear arches (on a previous posting) and forwarded the body panel website, I did wonder if the rear shocker mounting 'inner' area had rotted as well. Apparantly its the inner panel up towards the rear shock turret that goes, usually the drivers side more so than the passenger side. Only way to repair is when outer rear arch is cut off for side repair at same time. Some AE82's have also suffered from this.

It's like everything, you have to decide if it's worth it or not or if a better example can be sourced for same (or less?) money than what your own vehicle would cost to repair.

OH NO!

...And it's one of the First GTi's every made.

...And i'd given you that Body panel address for your rear arches.

...And it's been with you a few years.

Seriously I do understand what you mean though. To be honest when I read about your corroded rear arches (on a previous posting) and forwarded the body panel website, I did wonder if the rear shocker mounting 'inner' area had rotted as well. Apparantly its the inner panel up towards the rear shock turret that goes, usually the drivers side more so than the passenger side. Only way to repair is when outer rear arch is cut off for side repair at same time. Some AE82's have also suffered from this.

It's like everything, you have to decide if it's worth it or not or if a better example can be sourced for same (or less?) money than what your own vehicle would cost to repair.

They are more rotten than Jonny!!

I am well gutted, but I know for a fact that I can sorce on newer version for less than it will cost to repair this one! So some parts will most likely be for sale!

Sorry to hear about your oversized stone chip.

That part that was mentioned about drivers side wheel arches on AE82's matches my experience .

I ended up buying a mig welder as the rust was right across the seat-belt attachment plate. After a whole lot of practice on a sheet of mild steel I managed to fabricate some replacements for the damaged parts it wasn't really that hard ( I'm not a welder ) When I'd done I gave it a coat of spray hammerite and got the MOT guy to have a really close look at the repair. He said it was the neatest piece of welding he'd ever seen ... ( I thought to myself er ... no that's the longest ever grinding job in the world ) The trick is not to be daunted by some of these jobs. Take a few measurements and some photos then hack the rust right out . When the rust is cut out the job suddenly looks a lot easier. ( you can often shape a piece of mild steel sheet with little more than a block of wood and a few hammers ) I put that job off for ages thinking I'd never manage it .. in the end it took a couple of hours. Ooops I've yakked too long .. I'll shut the door on my way out.

Okay mate, PM me the details (price, milage etc). Is it the TVIS or NON-TVIS model?

PM Sent

PM Sent

Cheers for that G! I'll keep it in mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get the eBay Rolla in the end, so I'm almost 100% certain that I will be breaking my baby up. :crybaby: She served me well over the last 4 years and I covered 56k in her which ain't bad. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention that I had the gear box reconditioned about 2 years ago as it kept on popping out of 4th gear, so if anyone is after one on the cheap let me know. Chances are they may have to give me a hand to remove it though. It's worked perfectly since then.

I'm supposed to be veiwing a '98 Vauxhall Ashtray 2.0 sport 2moro. How boring I hereyou all say. But it's relativly cheap to run and repair. I will however keep my eyes peeled for a bargain Rolla or MK1 MR2 (I just love 4A-GE's) to have for a bit of fun, or maybe even trackdays.

Any want's parts just email me!

Cheers Jake

I will however keep my eyes peeled for a bargain Rolla or MK1 MR2 (I just love 4A-GE's) to have for a bit of fun, or maybe even trackdays.

MK1 MR2...Good choice these are the best value for money/affordable sports car in Britain at the moment. A car show (Himley Hall, West Midlands, I was there with Toyota Enthusiasts Club) had a couple on show in tidy condition the one owner informed me he'd paid £900 for his with full M.O.T.

Naturally age is now taking it's toll on some in the corrosion department, however it's a car I too am considering. Do you (or anyone else) know where they rot, are they the same areas as AE82's and AE92's?

Any advice greatly received.

Any want's parts just email me!

Cheers Jake

You know the bits I am after :thumbsup:

Pop pricing in a PM or summit please :thumbsup:

cage it and race it dude, would make a good stage rally car

The Rolla or an MR2??

I don't think the inner rear arches would be up to rallying on the Rolla. Sods law they'd probably colapse on me.

G, Pm'd ya mate!

Twincam, I haven't got a clue where they are prone to rusting. I'd hazard a guess that the arches do though!!

P.S. I also have a brand spanking new set of 4 G-Max shocks, which I bought just over a week ago. They turned up the same day I smashed my car. I don't think the internet company will take tem back even though they are still in their boxes with the tie wraps still on em. I paid £155 for em. I'm open to sensible offers on em. Maybe 10% off plus P+P!?!?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links