Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lightened Flywheel

s0cks

I'm getting a good number of months ahead of myself now but I can't help but be interested.

Looking for engine mods to increase oomph factor. Can anyone who has had a lightened flywheel fitted give any indication as to how much faster the car felt after this mod?

Also are there any other engine mods for the same sort of money £300-£400 that would give the same or better oomph! Technical I know :)

Thanks dudes!

The engine will feel spritier, feel more loose and appear to go faster....it's just managing actually turn faster. It won't do any major power up's in other word's, but you will notice a difference, even on a rolling road. This will be minimal though, by maybe a couple of horses/torque.

I'd do it :thumbsup:

wont give your car more 'oomph' but will allow it to rev alot quicker due to the decreased engine inertia

youll loose torque on the low end though which you will notice on steep hills etc... so in that respect itll be slower!!

but at the top end itll go like the clappers

for 300-400 you could start looking at ECU upgrades

wont give your car more 'oomph' but will allow it to rev alot quicker due to the decreased engine inertia

youll loose torque on the low end though which you will notice on steep hills etc... so in that respect itll be slower!!

but at the top end itll go like the clappers

for 300-400 you could start looking at ECU upgrades

Very good point Jaxx. Where would I start looking for these devices? What's the price like? Around £600? How much more power are we looking at too?

So many questions!

£600 for the bottom end remap? ****. Where from?

And Moffo, I need the backseats and I don't have any ICE except the standard stereo.

Hmm.. so you can't say J e e z ??

taking out back seatsheavy subs etc etc are a good start :thumbsup:

noticed that doing that made alot of difference and handled a treat too, (of course with shocks springs and strut brace etc.)

If your gonna consider a remap, get any other mods fitted first and run the car safely until it's all mapped up correctly. If your going Motec route, i'd be keeping a bit more than £600 aside ;) :D

If your gonna consider a remap, get any other mods fitted first and run the car safely until it's all mapped up correctly. If your going Motec route, i'd be keeping a bit more than £600 aside ;) :D

thats why i said you can start to 'look' at it :lol::lol:

youll need a bit more to buy it but itll be one of the best additions

plus it makes a turbo conversion LLLLLLLOOOOOAAAAAADDDSSSS more easier

it makes sense! it really does!

:thumbsup:

Can anyone who has had a lightened flywheel fitted give any indication as to how much faster the car felt after this mod?

Whatever you do, just don't have the original flywheel "shaved". That is if you are keen on your ankles.

Cheers, Yves.

They a bit delicate then?

Yes, they are not ment to be shaved off a lot (as to make a difference), it affects their structural integrity too much, especially when you have bad machining marks (that's where it will seize first).

Imagin the impact of that seizing at 6000 RPM and come flying through the firewall.

I've seen the results of that on a RWD Cellie, a large chunck of it went through the box, then the transmission tunnel to end in the (lucky for him) passenger footwell. I've heard more horrible things.

Cheers, Yves.

Hadn't even thought of shaving the original. Deffiently don't plan to now! Thanks for the advice. Why is this car so expensive to tune :(

From MoTeC:

Cost wise there will be a small fee of around the £200 to do all the engineering of the car and also install the ECU. Ready for mapping. Mapping will be charged at the normal rate of £300 per day.

:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links