Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Ts 0 - 60mph

Oli

I was just messing around yesterday. Me and my mate where timing the 0 - 60 of my TS

Remembering that these where done on a stopwatch using the factory speed dial so they might not be perfect.

Mods - (Blitz Air filter)

1. - 8.3secs

2. - 8.3secs

3. - 8.2secs

4. - 8.4secs

5. - 8.1secs

6. - 7.8secs

7. - 8.1secs

8. - 8.3secs

9. - 8.6secs (Clutch was slipping by then)

Not bad considering you have to get into 3rd gear!

Have a go a see what you get.

Also does anyone else love the TS's brakes! Top Stuff

I've also timed my 0 - 60, got 8.1 secs. My 0 - 100 was 24 secs. What's yours? (Have also got a blitz air filter so should be roughly the same performance - wise. Have you managed a top speed? Ive done 118 and had to slow down for traffic! Thanks.

hi

does anybody know what 100 km on the "dashboardcounter" don't know the english word for it :D for the Yaris TS really is. I read somewhere for the Corolla that 100 km on the counter equals to 97 km and 200 km to 195 km real speed :o

Hi oli Thats a pretty good time you got there. So with your induction kit you have shaved almost 1 second off of the 0-60 dash.How much did you induction kit cost you mate as i'm thinking of getting one soon.

jerry!!

Jerry.. The kit was £185 from fensport delivered. Fit's on within a few hrs. You just need to turn the Battery round.

I've never tried a 0 - 100mph because of the roads round here. But on the motorway with 4 people i managed 130mph. I've never seen a car get to redline in it's final gear before but the TS went into it. At about 6600rpm it went 130Mph. Remembering one thing it takes ages to get there.

I'll let you know the 0 - 100Mph time if i ever get one.

I paid £120 for my induction kit and then another £100 for fensport to fit it cause you need to move the Battery around in order to get the induction kit sitting behind the headlamp so that it gets nice and cold air.You can also get a hks one but you dont move the Battery so it sits at the back of the engine bay sucking hot air whish is crap.You can fit the blitz one yourself but i think its better to get fensport to do it as you have to lenghthen,shorten and re earth the Battery which is quite important stuff.Its definately worth it though as performance is up and it sounds like a monster.

Also these 0-? times are different than the manufactures cause when the speedo is reading say 100mph the cars actual speed is only 95ish as i managed a 0-100 in 24 secs and top gear magazine recorded 31 secs.

Thanks oli and i think i will have to top my car out now,will let you know how it goes and if i dont it proberly means im in a hedge somewhere.

I'm getting a full custom SS system with a 4in jap style back box tomorrow. So hopefully it will do that little bit more.

I'll do some more times and let you know. Can do the 100mph though. I can't find a flat road that is long enough.

Hi oli have you got any pics of your induction kit. I would really like to see how they manage to fit the induction kit near the lights?

Also who is doing your custom made exhaust system? Would really like to see the finished product.

jerry!!

Jerry,

I'll get you a pic mate. Lye Tyre Centre are doing my Zorst as we speak.

I hope all goes well. :unsure:

Should have it back @ 2 hopefully

hi oli

i assume thats lye as in near merry hill shopping center then

if so i'll keep an eye out for it.

Hi oli cheers mate will look forward to seeing the pics

jerry!!

i'll get the pic's soon.

Sounds nice anyway. Bit of extra power 2. I didn't try to put my foot down tonight though because i managed to fish tail it on the way back to work after collecting the car and almost crashed into 2 cars and a kerb. Not good stuff. i hate the Yoko's in the wet. I need some F1's again.

Worth the $$$ anyway. :D

managed to get 7.6 & 7.7 the other day. A bit wet but they where good starts.

I need to get it tested on some proper equipment though

Talking of brakes, I was doing a drag race with a Fiat Stilo Abarth on the A133 towards Colchester.

It was neck and neck all the way to 120MPH-ish when suddenly the other driver dropped well back. I hadn't spotted the red traffic lights up ahead and had to brake hard from top speed. My Yaris TS skipped around and bounced into the right lane before bouncing back. I managed to keep it straight though and stopped neatly at the white line. I'm guessing that a combination of the EBD and a soon to be replaced offside rear tyre caused the car to jump.

For a split second I thought I was gonna shoot into the junction and cause a pile up. That or a sideways roll at 100MPH... eeek!

Don't try this at home.

yeah my 1 tyre is worn and the brakes push the car around though. But overall i love the brakes.

Hi oli

Seems to me that you have got to get your car on a rolling road to find out how much power gains you have gained. Any photos yet oli?

jerry!!

oli

aldon have a rolling road

Aldon Automotive Ltd

Breener Ind Est,Station Drive

Brierley Hill West Midlands

DY5 3JZ

Tel: 01384 572553

yeah i've taken my Corolla GTi down there before. it's only 1/2 mile from my house.

I will when i've got the spare cash, and i'll do the photo's soon.

if you want to get accurate times i'd recomend the BLITZ performance id. its availiable from fensport and measures pretty much any thing speed, bhp(not that accurate and takes some setting up), 0-50,0-100,standing 1/8,1/4, mile. not cheap but top notch

yeah i've seen that. Looks nice.

I know they are only guesses. But it helps me see how the little mod's i'm doing change the accl.

Slowly but surely. (The Blitz made a big difference, seams to pick up in higher revs loads better.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear oil,

Hello, I will pick me YARIS T SPORT on next saturday :drool: . First, i would like to know did you report your insurance company that you tunned your car and how much is you insurance :o ?

Second, how could i buy one of the induction kit that you using and totally how much they cost you for the parts and labour to fit it :help: ?

Finally, if I want to change my alloys, which inch will be suit for YARIS T SPORT, is the 17 inch one fitted it :( ?

Thank you very much !!! :eek:

:afro:

Hi,

I haven't told my insurance because they don't allow mod's to my car... :unsure:

Just hope i don't crash.

I paided £180 for my induction kit and fitted it myself. I know that fensport charge £100 for fitting.

I've never changed the wheels so i'm not the best person but i know 17's will rub without arch work.

Thank you very much !

Do you know anybody looking for brand new YARIS T SPORT alloys, TYRES, BODYKIT AND HEAD UNIT ? :help: Because i will go back Hong Kong durning the summer holiday and i will purchase whole bodkit for my car :thumbsup: !

If you know any please let me know ! :D

Thank you for your reply :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links