Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tubby Clutch

Markturbo

i have a tubby and the clutch pedal today has got stuck a couple of times to the floor and to make it come back up you have to get your foot underneath the pedal to make it release

the clutch doesn't seem to be slipping when driving the car but it was wet so haven't floored properly because its been raining today

my clutch died and was slipping like no mans land... but it never got stuck to the floor like you said.

weird.... probably something fairly easy for a local garage to have a look at and fix.

ive had a slight problem a few times, in gear 5 when ur just cruisin then decide to put your foot down a bit the revs go flying up to like 5000 but u dont move anything extra, then if u keep ur foot down about 3seconds later it comes back down then picks up from where it should be and the speed kicks in. is this clutch? (im cr4p with engine stuff)

ive had a slight problem a few times, in gear 5 when ur just cruisin then decide to put your foot down a bit the revs go flying up to like 5000 but u dont move anything extra, then if u keep ur foot down about 3seconds later it comes back down then picks up from where it should be and the speed kicks in. is this clutch? (im cr4p with engine stuff)

yeah .. slipping clutch ..

With regards to the original post.. Check to see if the pedal is free of any obstruction... and if you cant see anything obvious.. get it seen to..

MR2Nut... your clutch is on its way out matey.. Unlucky.. new one will be needed very soon me thinks.. esp if you rag the car! :rolleyes:

esp if u rag the car...dont like the sound of that ;) LOL. doh! how much is it for a factory standard one? also, whats the price (and make) for a good racing one but on the cheapish side. cheers

Does it happen after you been pretty "lively" on the throttle?

as it's sounds like it's sticking. Which bascially means it's time to buy a new clutch.

Judging by the the way it went you need a helix stage 1 replacement atleast :rolleyes: :D

yea it does mate, just after ive given it some in 4th gear (taken over sum chavs in a ****ty nova) and then im cruisin in 5th in low revs, then when they come back for more with their mates legs under the car doin it flintstone style tryin to help the nova past 80 to take over, i put my foot down and it just revs asif uve got your clutch in for about 3 seconds then it drops back to normal and the power comes thru. i dont even have my foot near the clutch either its fully up and my foots restin on the clutch rest to the side.

I got a decent exedy racing clutch from dpmotorsport... does the job and should be able to handle 450bhp.

I would get your clutch seen to soon. It took me ages to get my clutch ( originally ordered from f.sport, then changed supplier ), and my car was a bag of poo. I could hardly accelrate because it was slipping so much !

cheers for website jimlad. Toyota - MR2 AW11 (~85/5) 4A-GE - £137.00 < is that the clutch i need for my N/A?

no... that's for the MK1 mate.

you are looking for a sw20 clutch.

Give them a bell tomorrow, that's the best option. They are nice and freindly people.

I got a decent exedy racing clutch from dpmotorsport... does the job and should be able to handle 450bhp.

I would get your clutch seen to soon. It took me ages to get my clutch ( originally ordered from f.sport, then changed supplier ), and my car was a bag of poo. I could hardly accelrate because it was slipping so much !

and then you had to drive your car without going over 3k rpm.. :P

and then you had to drive your car without going over 3k rpm.. :P

nah.... my clutch was fit and rag.... lol

very heavy duty, was told it wouldn't need to be broken in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links