Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Badges Going Spare?

jennyt125

Hi,

Is anyone who has de-badged their T sport willing to sell the rear T sport Badge or can anyone suggest somewhere to buy one? Would rather not go to rip off dealer! My car is an import and for some reason is missing the T sport Badge off the rear tail gate.

Cheers, Jenny

is it really a T Sport then?

Cos if it was, it should have the badges..

I reckon you have a 1.0, and you want the badges to pretend its a Tsport...

is it really a T Sport then?

Cos if it was, it should have the badges..

I reckon you have a 1.0, and you want the badges to pretend its a Tsport...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes you can get european T-Sports

theyre only a couple of quid from toyota themselves or i believe ENVY to have had some limited edition ones at one time that said Yaris on the as opposed to just the bit 'T'

if you get me :lol:

i wasnt disputing that they make a European version of the T Sport Rob - just that surely a european import should still have the TSport badge?

Euro T-Sports don't have a T-Sport Badge on the rear, front one only.

Cheers, Yves.

ive no idea

but i must admit all imports ive seen are never badged as what model they are

so possibly not

ive no idea

but i must admit all imports ive seen are never badged as what model they are

so possibly not

We don't use the same badging system as you guys do.

For instance in Belgium we have/had:

-Linea Natura

-Linea Luna

-Linea Terra

-Linea Sol

-T-Sport

also some "limited run" models like the "Yaris Cup" and the "Yaris Skynet".

Cheers, Yves.

My T-Sport is Japanese and was bought new from a franchise dealer in Swindon. Fish Brother's is it?

Anyway, when I bought the car second hand it had no rear T Badge. Now it could have been pulled off when I didn't own the car, but on incredibly close inspection I can't see any evidence of there ever being one. Not that I really care. To be honest I'd rather people thought it was a 1.0L :)

My T-sport is a UK car, and one of the earliest ones (April 2001). It is a UK car, and the registration form confirms this. It only has the front T-sport Badge, never one on the rear. I had only noticed other Yaris with both badges a while later (although definitely before the facelift), so don't know whether it was intentional, or something missed from the first shiploads.

I've never bothered to get a second Badge (although I wouldn't remove the front one - it looks a lot better on the black grille than one would on the bodywork).

Aye UK Spec European T-Sports don't have the rear T-sport Badge. The Toyota Badge is also Red.

Leave it off.... not always best to show what's really under the hood. Invites prying eyes.

Vipes

The badges on the cars from Japan (all T-Sports) are added in the UK. They may have simply forgotten to put one on!

Are you sure youre car is a T-Sport, not a T-Spirit?

Because the French site doesnt manufacture the Vitz RS spec cars as far as I know... they all come from Japan on a nice big boat.

So..do you think they also take off the silver toyota Badge on the back..and replace it with a red one... mmmmmm

That's one of the ways delears immediately know it's an import...from the missing T-sport Badge...and the red toyota Badge...wouldn't surprise me that's why they do it.

Vipes

Hi,

Thanks for all the info folks, think I need to replace my red toyota Badge for a silver one then, keep the dealers at bay!

I'll get one when my car is serviced from the dealer if they only cost about £6. Not sure why people are questioning what my car is, i think I know its a T Sport! :P

Cheers, Jenny

Aye...don't bother swapping the Badge Jenny. That's only one quick and easy visible way of telling it's an import....and it is alot nicer than silver!

Don't forget when you go to the dealers they always ask " Can I have your certificate of conformity" or perhaps you've never had to produce that?? I have to every single time I've been to get any warranty work done as they have to claim it back from Mr big T as it wasn't bought in the UK.

I have around 100 photocopies of the damn thing now.

Yari's does look sweet with a clear behind though as said previously.

Vipes

got my Tsport from uk dealer new last yr,its a fully uk spec car from uk dealer and had red toyota Badge on rear and rear tsport Badge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links