Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction Control.....

Jimlad

If you were increasing the bhp of the tubby... when realistically should you consider getting something such as racelogic traction control fitted?

Bearing in mind I currently have no traction control. People say TC is for girls.... but I don't want to kill my car.... or me !

If you were increasing the bhp of the tubby... when realistically should you consider getting something such as racelogic traction control fitted?

Bearing in mind I currently have no traction control. People say TC is for girls.... but I don't want to kill my car.... or me !

Irrelevant of hp, whenever it rains :lol:

Seriously, I hate driving in the rain, and im totally standard :(

And it would be very nice to be able to just drive with 0% slip on and not have to crap myself if I need to accelerate gently!

If a group buy on racelogic goes down im in :afro:

I enquired about RLTC a while back.

Can only the people who sell it fit it ?? They said they could find me a cheap B&B/Hotel to stay in etc while I was down there.

It would be good knowing that you're driving with 0% slip in the rain.... :)

Why would you ever want anything other than 0% slip though ???

For Racelogic Traction Control your looking at about £500 for the Basic system and £700 for the advanced system - the latter has the launch control too..

And Jim, if i was you, go for the RC - I mean, you can switch it down to 30% slip, and that will be more than enough to not be a girl, yet still help prevent you modifying your car with a tree... and come winter - it really will be a godsend!

As for fitting, well, any decent garage should be able to install it (if you have ABS it is a lot easier - as the wheel sensors are already there)

Another great thing about the rev1's mate .. no ABS so a nightmare to fit TC too ..

yeah, if your car doesnt have ABS - you have to buy (and fit) wheel sensors..

Just makes things more time consuming and expensive - so if you have ABS, the job is so much easier ;)

It would be good knowing that you're driving with 0% slip in the rain.... :)

Why would you ever want anything other than 0% slip though ???

ya big jessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

appreciate the slidier things in life. ;)

Another great thing about the rev1's mate .. no ABS so a nightmare to fit TC too ..

???... I have ABS

Are you sure rev1's don't have ABS?? Maybe it only came as an added option ?

take your car on a nice gently drive, then slam on the anchors! you'll soon know if you got abs

Anyway getting back on topic...

If youre changing the turbo jimlad and it goes from a less progressive to a more aggresive (shove in the back style) boost, it may mean that a cake load of power suddenly comes on lighting up the back wheels as such.

I wouldnt like to mix that with a wet day, also ive had it before where ive gone to overtake, and even on stock boost its been brown trousers time :unsure:

yeah... think I will look into it... defo don't want to end up sitting in a bush at the side of the road !!

just in answer to your 0% slip Q Jim...

you see, RC traction is considered to be the best on the market, but even at 0% slip, you could find it intrusive, on a dry day, you boot it off a roundabout, and naturally there will be a small amount of slip - the traction will 'cut in' there, and limit the power delivery until the slip goes away - now the impact may only be a second, but the car will have hesitated - thats why you may choose to have it on 5/10% slip on a nice dry day, so it doesnt intrude unless things start to go wrong.

On the plus side, 0% slip will make your rear tyres last longer ;)

Oh, and 30% slip is for when you want the tail to step out slightly, without things going all agricultural... :D

just to add my rev1 gt turbo has abs too. i think it either came on all gt models as standard or was an extra option.... either way, i definitely have that and lsd

I have LSD too.... was yours an added extra option Shaf?

I have Kaaz LSD fitted, my car didn't have LSD when I bought it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links