Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Suspension

jd_gr

Hello to everyone.

I am the owner of a new CTS model 9/2004 (facelift). I have a little problem and I want to share it with you in order to find a solution. I find the ride of my car too hard. I had driven a pre-facelift CTS and it was very comfort. I think that the new model is 20mm lowered and has harder shock absorbers? (not sure about that). I wonder if I could change the springs and the absorbers with those of the pre- facelift CTS. Is it possible to do that and if yes is my car going to be more on the comfort side? Of course I do not want to change the geometry of the suspension and make my car dangerous. I just liked and need the comfort of the previous CTS as this one makes me tired after a few miles driving on the very bad roads in my country. Thanks a lot for your :help: and I am really happy to be a member of this nice community.

I bet toyota are reading this and thinking "I don't believe it" people have been slagging off the pre facelift corolla TS by saying it rolled to much and as soon as they change it people start complaning that its to stiff...

Hows the car otherwise i pick mine up on saturday, getting excited know...

I bet toyota are reading this and thinking "I don't believe it" people have been slagging off the pre facelift corolla TS by saying it rolled to much and as soon as they change it people start complaning that its to stiff...

I think the only way to keep people happy is to do what they did first time round and make it comfortable but give the option via TTE of some lower springs. I still think they need to offer a cheap spring and damper combo though. You can't really change one without the other and still get optimal performance.

I realise there is a serious spring/damper kit, but it was £3k last time I looked :eek:

Paul.

What Toyota should do is make a more powerful T-Spirt model or something and make the T-Sport more hardcore! :thumbsup:

Nick

What Toyota should do is make a more powerful T-Spirt model or something and make the T-Sport more hardcore! :thumbsup:

Nick

Nick, I'm not sure Toyota will do this with the TS as they're trying to appeal to as wide a range of people as possible by making it an affordable quick hatch. If they make it more hardcore and more powerful, it will be more expensive to buy, higher insurance group etc.

You only need to look at the renault megane sport, it may have 225 BHP, but it costs nearly £20k. I for one couldn't afford this sort of cash, but can afford the Cts, which is still a good all rounder, as you've said many times in the past when you still owned one.

:thumbsup:

Did you see that Honda introduced the Civic S (is it Type S or Sport or something) to compete I suppose with the CTS. Has much less power than the CTS, it is a 1.6, but probably quite comfy.

It's a shame but Honda did say they weren't selling enough CTRs to justify rolling out other Type R cars like the old Accord.

Cheers

Paul.

Anyone who could answer my question? Stiff suspension in my CTS is a big problem for me and I would appreciate very much any good suggestions

thanks

Hi jd_gr

My standard CTS' springs were left at Neos Kifissos 15months ago, when I bought it.

I could also exchange schock absorbers with you.

The problem is that I do not know if they fit to my car. Do they have exactly the same suspension or there are changes that make this change imposible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links