Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Modification Questions...

Jimlad

Ok.... should hopefully be getting a bigger turbo soon. If not, then at least a CT20b.

If I was to get the bigger turbo, I know I would need some engine work... forgies, headgasket etc, then WI or chargecooler.

Curious though, what about fueling ? I know I would need larger fuel injectors, but what about the fuel rail/pump thingy. Would I need a bigger/better one ??

Or would a rev3 one do ?

ta

forgies, headgasket etc, then WI or chargecooler

IMO forgies, & headgasket would be preferable and a chargecooler.

Curious though, what about fueling ? I know I would need larger fuel injectors, but what about the fuel rail/pump thingy. Would I need a bigger/better one ??

Or would a rev3 one do ?

ta

Debatable......I know of at least 3 high power MR2's running 850cc injectors with the STOCK fuel pump with NO issue's what so ever and have been running them for a LONG time. I'd run with the OEM one.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

even bearing in mind that I have a rev1 ?

my god man, you make it sound like your car is sooooo lame!

Iv'e seen countless MR2's running between 300-400hp on stock internals...type 1-3. I can't remeber how many km's you have done?? Really assuming your parts aren't really high km one's and very tired you should be sweet.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Iv'e seen countless MR2's running between 300-400hp on stock internals...type 1-3. I can't remeber how many km's you have done?? Really assuming your parts aren't really high km one's and very tired you should be sweet.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

stock internals ?... not even forgies ??

My motor has only covered 52,000 miles.

How would you know when do get forgies etc ?? ... or do you just keep on going until it goes bang ?? .... lol.

stock internals ?... not even forgies ??

My motor has only covered 52,000 miles.

How would you know when do get forgies etc ?? ... or do you just keep on going until it goes bang ?? .... lol.

There's the thing....will be possible for sure but for how long. See your not out to make the most power on a stock block so if you can afford it (and Im sure you can ;) ) then you might as well do it with reliabilty in mind and get the forged pistons (resonably cheap these days) and just the few other bits. Your gonna upgrade your ecu yeah???

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'd be getting forgies and HG, obviously bigger injectors and chargecooler.

I should be fine on the ECU side of things as I have a Unichip which can handle the larger injectors etc.

What Kind of power are you looking for jim, we have a customer running ~330 bhp on stock internals on a rev2 - he has a hybrid CT26 and a chargecoooler. In terms of fulling all he needed was a larger pump, the injectors were fine.....

The AFM is a big restriction on the early cars, its designed to measure the air flow but when you get to high BHP's of around 300 its limited to the amount of air it can measure - basically when the flap is fully open thats all it can read..... so the air/fuel mix can go !Removed! up.

We have looked in to ways of removing the AFM, and have been unsucsessful to date - the HKS Vein Pressure Convertor was the first choice but they don't make it any more - good luck finding a second hand one!! Some aftermarket ECU's will do the job... the link plus system is the prefered option at the moment but it hasn't been fully tested yet as far as I know......

Basically jim pick a number..... what power are you after...... whats the buget...... and then we can get a clearewr idea on the right route to take - sometimes there is no need for forged internals etc, you just need to keep the stock ones nice and cool!!!....

Matt.

have you not uprated the internals yet Jim?

Regardless of what other people have done - surely if your getting to a 50% increase in power, you seriously want forged internals

personally id use forged internals. not only to help develope better power and be there for future upgrades but also as a 'piece of mind' mod

you dont wanna be sat there thinking 'will the wont they'

may aswell have the reasurance of uprated gear

What Kind of power are you looking for jim, we have a customer running ~330 bhp on stock internals on a rev2 - he has a hybrid CT26 and a chargecoooler. In terms of fulling all he needed was a larger pump, the injectors were fine.....

The AFM is a big restriction on the early cars, its designed to measure the air flow but when you get to high BHP's of around 300 its limited to the amount of air it can measure - basically when the flap is fully open thats all it can read..... so the air/fuel mix can go !Removed! up.

We have looked in to ways of removing the AFM, and have been unsucsessful to date - the HKS Vein Pressure Convertor was the first choice but they don't make it any more - good luck finding a second hand one!! Some aftermarket ECU's will do the job... the link plus system is the prefered option at the moment but it hasn't been fully tested yet as far as I know......

Basically jim pick a number..... what power are you after...... whats the buget...... and then we can get a clearewr idea on the right route to take - sometimes there is no need for forged internals etc, you just need to keep the stock ones nice and cool!!!....

Matt.

it depends mate..

I may be getting a turbo which is capable of 500bhp. If not then I will be getting the ct20b initially, then the stage 3 ct20b ( 360bhp from that ).

I know the unichip can be mapped to sort out the AFM issues as I queried this with dastek, but they said it does take alot of mapping.

Are your chargecoolers selling now ? Didn't know they were ready !

Im sure I've mentioned the map-ecu before??

http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/map_ecu.htm

Ahhh...I can't find the old thread via a search. Im sure I pm'd Bibbs with the UK contacts who sell them.

Still reakon Jim should ditch the unichip and go for an entry level motec ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Matt.

that's a daft question to ask me mate... I would just go for the most I could .... lol

It will either be 360bhp or around 500bhp depending no what turbo I grab.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links