Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky Front Wheel

97paseo

Not sure what this is as it's intermittent. :blink: Anyone got any ideas?

Squeaks as the wheel turns at fairly low speed (or could just be thats the only time I can hear it). I was panicking it might be a wheel bearing but it would be there all the time surely?

I'm thinking brakes - maybe worn disks or pads? Could also be handbrake related? I think it might start after the handbrake has been applied on a big hill etc. :unsure::help:

Any ideas?

Good Change it's the pad's

Thanks for the reply, thats what I was thinking.

It seems to be juddering across all the speed range as well, perhaps they are catching somehow....just weird how its intermittent. :blink:

Sounds like the pads could be low and the discs slightly warped.

Take the car for a 5 mile run and then feel the alloys. If they are hotter than they should be you may also have a sticking caliper - which is likely to have caused the discs to warp.

If you have a sticky caliper, you can get it changed at a Mr Clutch (or the like) as it's a simple job and even they can't F it up. It's also cheaper than going through someone like Fensport for recon'd ones as well.

Get calipers done before the discs and pads as they would be able to see exactly how bad discs/pads were. It also makes changing discs/pads a lot easier :P

Seeing as you're a Goldie, you'll have no problem using the discounts I set up for other brake parts :thumbsup:

I get that right turning one. Really annoying! :ffs:

Plus mine squeek when I brake. Usually only when they're cold though :blink:

Thanks for the advice guys :thumbsup:

Bizzarely they don't do it when I brake - the more I think about it what System says fits perfectly.

Thanks again. ;)

It won't be the handbrake if its on the front wheels!!!

Again, sounds like low pads to me.

Remember if its a sticky caliper that doesn;t mean you needa new one!!! they are more likely to stick when the pads are low anyway as the piston "rests" in an extended position!!

It won't be the handbrake if its on the front wheels!!!

Again, sounds like low pads to me.

Remember if its  a sticky caliper that doesn;t mean you needa  new one!!! they are more likely to stick when the pads are low anyway as the piston "rests" in an extended position!!

LOL :D Sorry I meant I thought it was handbrake related until I realised it was coming from the front wheels!

Thanks for the help, sounds like low pads & a sticking caliper then. Phew - just glad its nothing major! *fingers crossed* :thumbsup:

An easy way to tell is jack up the front wheels (out of gear!) and give them a spin.. if they turn they are not seized, if you give yourself a hernia trying to turn them, they probably are!!

Simple but effective :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links