Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boy Racer?

kalmr2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ricomr2

• JappyBeast

• Fidgits

• Stu8

Have to admit I was in my Dads HONDA CIVIC :lol: last night pushing chavs of the road. :thumbsup:

Is that acceptable?????

Have to admit I was in my Dads HONDA CIVIC :lol: last night pushing chavs of the road. :thumbsup:

Is that acceptable?????

Ha Ha!

Chav beater!

gotta say every so often ill drive up n down the bypass waitin for sum tossers in their corsas n saxos with full neon body kits n 5k body kits n burn em but only on the bypass, never race on normal roads

I wouldnt say I was a full on boy racer, but I like to dish it out to the chav monkeys from time to time :D - usually on the dual carriage ways out near Santa Pod.

Sometimes the "errr, no" factor just gets the better of me :lol:

sometimes your racing without even knowing it!!!! happened to my mate in his bmw, was just driving quick but not pushing it and pulled in for petrol, followed by a nova, the kid got out and said he nearly had us back there, confused glances followed by laughter and telling the t****r to get stuffed! seriously didnt know he was trying to get past but then i wasnt driving :lol:

I think Kal mistakenly landed himself in cack by stating he is a boy racer...as everyone seems to be thinking he is some kind of chav pilot. What he means is that he likes the occasional blast...simple as that. It doesnt mean he sits on bumpers etc. There is a difference.

Me personally I never "start" races....ill only join in if the car is worthy = 911s, Aston Martins, M3s/M5s etc basically anything respectable and !Removed! quick. No point in racing any1 who I know will be slower. Bikes, altho they rarely challenge, are my personal favorites oohh yeeeea :yes:.

And yes I do win :thumbsup:

And I dont think people should be scared to admit they do like racing just because some people have taken a moral stance against it.

You dont buy a fast car to drive slow 100% of the time pffft...wake up people. Sell your mr2 if your gonna be like that imo and pass it on to a real owner who'll drive the car like toyota intended...not like some pregnant woman.

I think Kal mistakenly landed himself in cack by stating he is a boy racer...as everyone seems to be thinking he is some kind of chav pilot. What he means is that he likes the occasional blast...simple as that. It doesnt mean he sits on bumpers etc. There is a difference.

Me personally I never "start" races....ill only join in if the car is worthy = 911s, Aston Martins, M3s/M5s etc basically anything respectable and !Removed! quick. No point in racing any1 who I know will be slower. Bikes, altho they rarely challenge, are my personal favorites oohh yeeeea :yes:.

And yes I do win  :thumbsup:

And I dont think people should be scared to admit they do like racing just because some people have taken a moral stance against it.

You dont buy a fast car to drive slow 100% of the time pffft...wake up people. Sell your mr2 if your gonna be like that imo and pass it on to a real owner who'll drive the car like toyota intended...not like some pregnant woman.

Some good points well made, but some I'm also not so sure about.

I think everyone has different opinions on what they intend to use cars for etc.

Take orange juice for example!lol

Jim will take orange juice, and mix it with a spirit...where as some others may just drink it on its own and be happy with it.

Toyota have made a sports car, and utilising the category that puts it in, doesn't that means it's meant for motor "sports"?

MR2's are fast cars (apart from mine), Im sure a lot of people on here are very sensible drivers, but I can almost garuntee that no-one on here has driven 100% safely 100% of the time. You will all have put your foot down, whether it be to prove a point, or if your late for work and need to reach the speed limit quickly.

The way people go about using the speed of the MR2 is up to them in my opinion, it is their licence at stake, if they lose it, then they are obviously unsafe to drive. Unfortunately, no-one can stop these drivers, they will always be about whether we post our views about it on a forum or not.

In closing, I believe a lot of people on TOC respect their cars and the power they come with, and only use it when necessary. I do not believe this discussion should be used in a childish way with people arguing about how they should drive. The driver chooses how to control the car, at the end of the day, if they drive stupidly, they will be banned and suffer the ultimate humiliation/punishment...have their licence revoked.

Sorry for the long post, but I think this is getting a little "two-sided" and out of hand.

Dave

(edited) P.S.

Bikes, altho they rarely challenge, are my personal favorites oohh yeeeea .

And yes I do win

That sounds like one bleedin fast car! :lol:

Edited by Rookey

:( :( :( :( :( :censor: :censor:

And people wonder why are premiums are high!!!!

Barry Boys

And I think I am with the majority here........f**k off :thumbsup:

Now... I am not going to risk my car for a burberry capped ejit. Boy Racers and Moped boys are tossers.. thats final.  :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::thumbsup: Nicely said!!!!

If someones up my ***** I'll give the throttle a spurt on occasion so they are out of my sight, if the road/traffic permits, around town I totally give way, let them get on with it... unlike your average nova/sexo drive I do not drive a "disposable" car.

I'll admit it I have noticed it with mr2 drivers too, as well as mr, "I have a point to prove" subaru. :ffs:

I have a modified car, I go to meets and roll in convoys... I occasionally like to drive it fast, but if anyone tried to brand me a boyracer I soon correct them to "car enthusiast" :thumbsup:

It's true some blokes never seem to grow up. They drive round with a point to prove as if to say 'my car's quicker than yours'. I refer mainly to the BMW/Mondeo/Golf company car drivers, some of them drive like complete maniacs with no regard for others. Women are no exception either, I've seen a few mad ones around in big cars trying to show their power.

I admit I do sometimes like to drive fast but to be honest I prefer to do it with no-one around, like on quiet country roads, that's not to say that I never get lured into taking people on now and then though.

Don't think I've ever seen a typical 'boy racer' in an MR2. They always seem to be in hatchbacks.

I have a bad habit of driving down certain residential roads Quick blasts where my car sounds the best , i dont do it if i see anybody walking about though ESPECIALLY kids!! I also dont hit the accelerator and keep going , thats just risking life.

50 points of the old people :lol:

thing i loved doin when i had the 200sx that car was a beast but rarely raced her on road all i had to do is wen a nova/saxo et c pulled up next to me and reed his 950cc motor i just had to rev it up and get my GFB dumpvalve goin off and maybe a small flame out the zaust they tend to back out then. but ppl who had boxsters and m3s who sneered at my car did ge a bit of a roasting it just had to be done

Racing is for the track when you can go wild to your hearts content. Do it on a road and you are an idiot period. You aren't race drivers, and can't always get out of the situations when you get into them. Luck may run out one day. Just please be careful and considerate to all.

And you all know it..Admit it. :lol::lol:

Totally agree - and i have to say, along with nova and saxo drivers, MR2/MGF/MX5 wanna be sports car drivers are the worst...

Totally agree - and i have to say, along with nova and saxo drivers, MR2/MGF/MX5 wanna be sports car drivers are the worst...

Is that fact or opinion? ;)

Racing is for the track when you can go wild to your hearts content. Do it on a road and you are an idiot period. You aren't race drivers, and can't always get out of the situations when you get into them. Luck may run out one day. Just please be careful and considerate to all.

And you all know it..Admit it. :lol:  :lol:

Wannabe 'sports car' drivers eh... not sure what to make of that. <_<

Totally agree  MR2/MGF/MX5 wanna be sports car drivers are the worst...

Not round here, maybe where you live fidgits. :rolleyes:

what do you mean wanna be sports cars, my V5 certainly says sports coupe.

okay, probably sounded harsher than it meant to (give me a break, im jet lagged)

Rico It was from what i have seen - and the wanna be really was reffering to the lads that drive the MGF's etc like their in a F1 race.. catch what i mean now (in other words, it wasnt against the cars)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links