Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boy Racer?

kalmr2

Lol, fair enough Fidgits but MR2's, MGF's and MX5's are actually classed as sports cars so why did you put 'wannabe'?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ricomr2

• JappyBeast

• Fidgits

• Stu8

okay, probably sounded harsher than it meant to (give me a break, im jet lagged)

indeedy...

Define Sports Car... ya toe rag.. :P

Lol, fair enough Fidgits but MR2's, MGF's and MX5's are actually classed as sports cars so why did you put 'wannabe'?

okay okay, as i said, the way they are driven they seem to think their driving a Ferrari - remember a Mk1 MR2 only has a 1.6 - as some MX-5's do etc...

The wannabe was reffering to the 'genre' of 'lower end' sports cars - if you prefer that term, so NOT the TVR/Noble/Porsche's but the MR2/MX-5/MGF..

The wannabe was reffering to the 'genre' of 'lower end' sports cars - if you prefer that term, so NOT the TVR/Noble/Porsche's but the MR2/MX-5/MGF..

So your going by the Badge as opposed to the performance figures... :P

Fidgits, I know your a good laugh and all, But even you should be able to see, that saying a MR2 isn't a proper sports car; in the MR2 section of the club is a pretty dumb idea :lol:

Like Fizz said your just stating badge's, which is nothing about performance :rolleyes:

okay okay, as i said, the way they are driven they seem to think their driving a Ferrari - remember a Mk1 MR2 only has a 1.6 - as some MX-5's do etc...

err, wasn't the MK1 MR2 originally developed by Lotus. Do they not make sports cars?

I suppose the Elise is not a 'sports car' because it only has a 1.8 engine?

It could be argued that TVR/Noble/Porsche's are low end supercars then, rather than high end sports cars.

right, mikeb hit the nail on the head here!

Its all about perception - you might think the MR2 is a sports car - and you'd be right...

I see Lotus/TVR etc as sports cars (and Fizz - not just the Badge - its the image too - and not just the performance ;) ) - i reserve the supercar label for the 'outrageous' machines...

Now, you guys can all winge and complain cos of what i said, but i'm not knocking the MR2 - its a damn fine car, but at the end of the day, I just label it differently - whats wrong with that?

Its not like i said it wasnt a sports car - i reffered to it as such, just at the lower end of the scale in my mind...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links