Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safcii.

tony4

I'm thinking of getting an apexi SAFCII, hope to sqeeze out more horses and improve fuel consumptions.

I remember reading somewhere that the MR2's ecu is self-learning, hence you will eventually run out of setting range. Is that true?

Do I need to get the ignition timing done too? In that case E-manage will be a better options.

I've heard about cars getting 20/30 bhp out of an SAFC ..

and the ECU is a learning one, but the SAFC adjusts the values the ECU "sees" so it is fine.

what? It was a mates car, was running very righ on hi boost .. think it went from 280 to just over 300 after a tune from one ..

I installed mine over the weekend but havnt messed with the tuning yet. I wouldnt be surprised if you could gain 20-30bhp tbh..especially on increased boost as thats when the ecu chucks in tons of extra fuel. Leaning out the mixture with an safc at high rpm on the Hi-Throttle setting will no doubt increase power (and combustion temperature!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links