Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transmission

h2s

I have a Yaris 1L automatic transmission. Will i damage the transmission if i step on the Throttle pedal while car is in neutral, then when i get the engine revving shift it to Drive?

i dont quite see how this will damage the transmission. Surely its like revving the car a bit and wacking it in first.

i dont quite see how this will damage the transmission. Surely its like revving the car a bit and wacking it in first.

In an auto? Try it and find out! :fear:

it doesnt do it any good thats for sure, and itll sort of lurch forwards kangaroo a bit then get going

clutches rule!

It'll mainly harm the torque converter, so you'll soon be learning how to rebuild those.

But, ... if you persist you'll soon know how to do it while sleeping, so no problemo there. :D

Cheers, Yves.

A guy at work some years ago put his foot down while in neutral, revved up to the max! Slammed the gear lever in drive and BANG!!!!

Walked into the office with a piece of metal in his hand! Not sure what it was but it was a piece from the transmission!

:D

There's only one type of car that will accept that sort of treatment...

... somebody else's! Preferably a rental!

There's only one type of car that will accept that sort of treatment...

... somebody else's! Preferably a rental!

rofl, reminds me of my friend, he had just passed and drove into friends driveway, was too scared to try reverse out himself, that or couldnt be bothered and asked som1 else to do it for him, so up steps some other guy, took the keys to his yaris, reversed out the drive, reversed all the way up the road, slammed on the brakes bringing it to a skidding stop, went into first, flew forward slammed on the brakes and spun the car somewhere between 90 and 180. very amusing, friend wasnt impressed, poor yaris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links